Anyone else thinks many Linkedin posts are so fake?

a month ago

|

icomeiseeipost

I just feel weird looking at all the super positive, empowering, and nice posts by many people on Linkedin. Then when you actually reach out to them, it is either no response or super brief ones. Almost feels like they are using these posts to fish for their new clients or candidates. If you are not one of them, then not worth their time. Am I being too negative? Please correct me if you have different experiences. Thanks!

Want to comment? or with one click

Comments

• freerangetacos

No you're correct. LinkedIn is fake. It's there to find out who works where and occasionally to read something interesting. Occasionally. The rest of it is just bullshit nobody cares about.

a month ago

• Specific-Layer

Yeah. Those people with like a thousand connections lol like what?

a month ago

• The_Purple_Ripple

LinkedIn is just facebook for the business addicted. I see people post inspirational quotes like facebook mums, congratulate themselves like insecure teens and have heated debates about stuff they have zero knowledge about.

a month ago

• ferdbrown

This

a month ago

• AllOutCareers

As a rule, I do not connect with people on LinkedIn unless I have had some in person or remote experience with them. I know my connections are real people and I know we can learn from and help each other. Side note: I do follow specific leaders that I may not have worked directly with but these people are generally public figures with public figure profiles and no connection option.

a month ago

• xtildeathdouspartx

I think it's fake cause once you put in your email, they just keep spamming random job offers or whatever. Like my whole inbox is filled. It's very annoying.

a month ago

• HugoBlackson

I get a lot of emails from LinkedIn saying I am perfect for a job I am not qualified for. This only started when I stopped paying the 59 per month for premium service

a month ago

• vbigoof

Feel free to join us at r/LinkedInLunatics

a month ago

• HugoBlackson

I don't read posts on linked in. I have never seen people as beautiful or successful as on LinkedIn.in real life those ppl look like shit

a month ago

• nepsola

It's true, I had a date with one of them recently. She kept referencing her wealth, network, and talking about "discipline" while telling me about her daily 5am squash sessions.

a month ago

• mp90

This is posted like once a day. I think if you search the sub you’ll see you’re not alone.

a month ago

• sFPoG5P9Zu

it's the fucking worst website on Earth

a month ago

• want-to-say-this

My step sister who is like super b-wordy. Her linked in is super positive and like empty professional chatter. She bounces from one industry to the next just plucking a career wherever she likes making posts about learning and doing great at work having accomplished nothing. We have similar job titles and I’m like how does your boss keep you on you are empty. But she’s just trotting through life loving it all.

a month ago

• babuloseo

There are some good gems on there, but they are too little in my opinion. I don't even have a LinkedIn for myself anymore. I just use it to manage various pages and use the LinkedIn tooling and features that they give.

a month ago

• GRpanda123

If you are trying to find a particular candidate , job searching or if you are trying to link up with anyone at a company you are interested in it’s a great resource but like any social media platform it has a lot of hucksters, fakes and wannabe influencers. Unless you are a recruiter do not try to connect with anyone outside your scope because you are just opening yourself up to a scam.

a month ago

• chainedtomydesk

People who post on LinkedIn are mostly driven by ego and seek attention from others. They are essentially naval gazing and virtue signalling to inform the world of how great they are, not to mention that little dopamine hit they receive every time someone likes or shares their post. I don’t know of anyone who has gotten a job directly from the LinkedIn jobs board. The only reason I have it is so the vulture-like recruiters know who I am so when I am in the market for a new job, I have easy access to recruiters who I message direct or call. When I’m not job searching, LinkedIn serves no purpose.

a month ago

• akaisuki66

LinkedIn is unhealthy, especially if you always browse it. Search this up and you’ll be surprised.

a month ago

• F---ingYum

Corporate circle jerk material that makes me cringe. Only there to look for jobs the rest can fuck off

a month ago

• TexasRabbit2022

Yep I hate LinkedIn

a month ago

• Flaux454

I mean it’s just a social media outlet for companies that wanna seem “professional” Much like “news” on Facebook, always take with a grain of salt. But besides that, it’s okay? I mean I haven’t had a real need for one in the decade I’ve been in biotech, but it sometimes works for startups that rely on more grassroots hiring.

a month ago

• ThePoliteCanadian

I don’t even have a Linkedin. It feels somehow faker than any other social media

a month ago

• prajitoruldinoz

I recommend r/LinkedinLunatics, you will have a good laugh.

a month ago

• Which_way_witcher

LinkedIn is invaluable when you're job hunting but the feed can f-off. As big a fake fest as Facebook. I wish I could turn off that feature because every time I accidentally see it, I get annoyed. Ego central.

a month ago

• Lozyness

It’s just like any social media or being in the club. It’s about building your fake persona, showing off and making the fakest quotes

a month ago

Community Discussions

Jobs For You