Try searching for something else

Try searching for something else

Co Worker smells terrible.

a month ago

|

I've been working at my job for a while now and there is a employee that always comes in smelling like asshole (like a portable toilet) and BO. The whole department knows he smells terrible and have brought it to the managers and HR attention, but still he continues to come to work smelling like BO and Asshole. It's gotten to the point where I cannot work around him and get frequent headaches as well as the feeling of throwing up while around him. I know it's not a medical condition as he dresses like a homeless person, and no he isn't homeless, as he lives with his parents. Trust me when I say I gave this guy all the excuses to smell terrible and he does it by choice. Honestly I have no idea what to do anymore and I'm about to tell him to his face he smells.

Want to comment? or with one click

Comments

Edit

You have reported this post

bighark

Because you've brought the matter to the attention of HR and management, you've got two options. First Option: Tell the dude he smells bad in a direct but compassionate way. "Bo, we need to talk. The odor of your body and your clothes is not suitable for work. It's affecting the way I do my job. I need you to please address this before your next shift." Second Option: Change your stance. This is not a smelly coworker problem. It's a health and safety problem. You consider the lack of hygiene dangerous to your physical wellbeing and want assurances that you will not be forced to work in an environment where you could be exposed to pathogens that could make you ill.

a month ago

Edit

sunsetphotographer

Option 2 will get a response much faster Id imagine. Especially in the COVID world.

a month ago

Edit

pleasegetittogether

Had an employee JUST LIKE THAT. She smelled so bad...and she always (and I mean always) smelled like sh*t! Management had to report her, and she was eventually put on disciplinary action - because it got to the point where no one would go near her. Go to HR. Sad as it is. .get as may employees to do the same and make a formal complaint. That kind of thing makes your workplace "uncomfortable" ans is gross

a month ago

Edit

frugalfetus

All our Co workers have put in formal complaints, still no disciplinary action from any of the higher ups. At this point its sad

a month ago

Edit

stinky_wanky

“Yo bro, Tiffany in HR thinks you’re cute, she said you smell like shit but thats about it. I think you got a shot.”

a month ago

Edit

PuppersGoneWild

Lmao

a month ago

Edit

SKTwenty

Keep reporting it to HR and have other people do the same. I had an coworker who was similar and he was let go for being unsanitary.

a month ago

Edit

UncleJunior1

Why not be direct? Just tell him. If by chance he wasn’t aware then this is something anybody would want to know. If it continues then HR for sure.

a month ago

Edit

frugalfetus

Multiple people have told him before, yet he still hasn't done anything about it. As for HR they continue to ignore the problem.

a month ago

Edit

GhostIsGone

This is a tough situation. Is the guy ok otherwise? Like not a jerk and competent at his job? I’m guessing he may have depression or another mental health issue, or his parents may have mental health issues. I know it’s seriously hard to stomach, but I would suggest compassion and maybe take him aside for a chat about work and ask him if you could be candid with him about his odor. I would also frame it more as “hey, you may not be aware of this, and it might be your laundry detergent, but your clothes have a pretty bad smell to them. It could be your washer too.” This way, you aren’t telling him he personally emits a foul odor, but his clothes might just need to be cleaned better. It’s less of a personal attack. It may open the door for him to confide in you what might really be happening and you could offer more targeted advice. A lot of us have been fortunate to have had pretty “normal” childhoods and we take for granted that we learned about hygiene and taking care of ourselves. Many folks are not that lucky. Good luck, I’m sorry you are dealing with this!

a month ago

Edit

CosmicLightning

Thank you for showing compassion and understanding unlike a lot of comments here. People tend to forget about things like you said or other reasons put of a persons control.

a month ago

Edit

Supaspex

If your company has a uniform/hygiene policy, cite that...and when you 'tell' your management and/or HR... don't just do it in person, send an email and maintain a paper trail. If your coworkers do the same, someone important is going to notice

a month ago

Edit

thelilspookygirl

Oh I feel your pain! It’s a tough situation. I used to have a coworker like this. Two actually. The first was a guy who was a barista with me when I was 18. He was adamant that he “didn’t believe in deodorant” but ALWAYS went on a long bike ride or hot yoga right before his shift started… without showering. I made complaints, nothing happened. Finally our store manager got pregnant and told him to do something about it… still nada. My friends girlfriend came in the store once when I wasn’t there and could smell him ACROSS the bar/counter. She pretended to not know me and made a formal complaint to the manager and wrote in to corporate. Dude got transferred less than a week later to another store closer to his house (to reduce the long bike rides lol) with a manager who was described to me as “a hippy who also didn’t like deodorant”. The other time was when I was a manager at a salon a few years ago. We hired this super sweet girl who turned out to be just AWFUL at her job. I mean, she would just decide on a whim that she was hungry, leave the store and show up again whenever she felt like it. Aside from that, she would come into work smelling like she had smeared dog or human shit all over herself. I wasn’t super chatty with her, but around the time the smell picked up and got worse, I did notice she was constantly talking about her new boyfriend. One day I came to work after taking a day off for a migraine, and the smell was unbearable. I pulled her into my office and very gently let her know that maintaining personal hygiene was mandatory while employed at our salon. She then (completely straight faced) apologized to me and proceeded to tell me her new boyfriend and her had been having copious amounts of anal sex, but the last “3-7 times” she forgot to prepare “so things got messy”. I…honestly couldn’t speak for a moment, tried to just compose myself. I eventually let her know I would DEEPLY encourage her to shower after her escapades, and that if she didn’t, there would be potential disciplinary action. A few weeks later, she pulled another walk out mid shift, and when I called to ask where she went, she simply said “I’m not really vibing with the store right now, could I maybe take a few months off and come back if I feel like it?” I (obviously) let her know that she would be let go if she didn’t return, and she didn’t lol.

a month ago

Edit

Capital_Airport_4988

Oh my god that’s disgusting. No disrespect to anyone, but I have never and plan on never having anal sex in my life. I do not understanding the appeal. No. Just no. I can’t believing she came to work after that with what, shit in her panties? That’s revolting

a month ago

Edit

Proof-Boysenberry-29

Best thing to do is tell him straight up in the most professional way possible. But omg 😂🤣 he legit smells like asshole? 💀

a month ago

Edit

morganthanyourgan

There was a story about a guy a while back who came from a shitty background aka abusive and neglectful childhood and honestly didn't realize he smelled horrible. A coworker gave him some hygiene tips and it changed homie's life for the better. Maybe be a friend about it

a month ago

Edit

shygrl__

I am dying of laughter right now, that sucks for him and you. Don't really know what to say other than LMAO

a month ago

Edit

frugalfetus

It sucks a metric shit ton. At this point I'm going to make him a Smell Good pack and put it in his locker.

a month ago

Edit

PaisFigo

I was in an office one time and this woman after Trump won wore "Nasty Woman" perfume which was to make you smell bad on purpose to get the patriarchy. This was in Boston when 65-80% of her fellow workers voted for Hillary. Just a nutter

a month ago

Edit

iwillshampooyouitsok

Reminds me of the girl we work with that belches nearly loud enough to make the windows rattle against the panes. Like.. that's not great behavior in the office period lol. Nobody else does that but you. It's not freeing, it's uncivilized.

a month ago

Edit

Tparrish8788

I was once in this situation myself. When it was time for Christmas, we hung stockings... My coworkers and myself stuffed his stocking with soap, shampoo, deodorant, cologne and gift cards to clothing stores.....

a month ago

Edit

ZonaLite

What about a care package filled with everything hygiene and disinfectant to the OP coworker. Then say it’s from all your coworkers.

a month ago

Edit

spacecadetno

I had a co worker similar, she didn't wear deodorant and on summer days where its hot it gets even worse. Multiple people reported this issue with our manager and our manager bats a blind eye on it. She finally one time came in with little bit of smell but it was tolerable and it made working environment better. There were on and off days where she smells BAD. Luckily she quit that job after a bit and we all were in a relief.

a month ago

Edit

DestinyFallin

Do you have think this can be a medical issue? I once saw a show long ago where this woman said she had a smell to her that wasn’t from bad hygiene. I wish I could see that again.

a month ago

Edit

str8rippin_xii

It’s called TMAU or Trimethylaminuria. And if OP’s coworker has this, there’s nothing they can do. They’re getting the same treatment this person is describing everywhere, which makes life a living hell.

a month ago

Edit

TheEclipse0

This is the worst. I worked with a gentleman who was so pungent that you could clearly smell him the moment he entered the building. I worked in the furthest corner office directly opposite of the main entrance and as soon as he arrived I’d be like “yup, our IT guy is here here.” Even at those distances, the smell was so bad it was like his eye watering presence was right beside you. We asked him many times to take a shower, which was presumably a foreign concept to him. He wouldn’t, because apparently it’s a religious thing of some sort.

a month ago

Edit

riftangle

What was his religious belief?

a month ago

Edit

queen-of-carthage

Buy him deodorant during the office secret Santa

a month ago

Edit

frugalfetus

I don't think I'll make it until Christmas, it's gonna be a Halloween gift 😂

a month ago

Edit

deeply__offensive

Also a reminder for everyone who simply can't get past the interview stage It might not be your CV or talent or lack of speaking, but actually your lack of hygiene. No one wants to work with 'that guy' obviously!

a month ago

Edit

MissionIssue2062

Try reporting him as a customer... Corporate doesn't care for their employees, but my God if a customer complains it's over

a month ago

Edit

mysticdreamblue

I knew someone who smelled really bad, like really smelly socks. The smell came from the armpits. She was going through medical issues/operations and taking a lot of pills. However, later after some months she had no smell at all.

a month ago

Edit

Maddinoz

Put some deodorant, soap, and shampoo on his desk and print off some instructions on how to use it for him

a month ago

Edit

Tinrooftust

This kind of passive aggressive behavior can get you fired. Do this if you don’t mind losing the job.

a month ago

Edit

Zealousideal-Cow6626

Omgggg I had a coworker like this too. HE SMELLED LIKE ROTTEN BLUE CHEESE AND HE WAS SHEDDING HAIR EVERY WHERE. HR has talked to him but he was still the same. He did not look homeless but oh my god, everyone felt like puking every time we pass him. He brings deodorant to work for extra help but still. I feel like it’s a work hazard because people can get sick and you coworker may be legally able to be let go but I think the company wouldn’t do that so they won’t pay unemployment. Anyhow in my situation, the only way we got rid of the smell is when he quit. I guess what you can do is be an asshole, tag teams with coworkers, and bully him out of there. It’s awful to do but hey, he stinks anyways.

a month ago

Edit

riftangle

Is there a medical reason he smells so bad?

a month ago

Edit

_clouttrout

Just start walking about sniffing and saying "can you smell that?". "Where is that smell coming from?". "I think it might be over here" (*as you get closer and closer to him). Just do this every day. Then start saying to him that you and him need to go together to tell management there is a toilet pipe clogged up in the office because all you can smell is SHIT.

a month ago

Edit

frugalfetus

I have made it VERY obvious that he smells, I pull up my mask anytime he comes over, I hold my nose when he walks by, I have gotten a air fresher for our back room. He definitely has to know by now. Last step is just to confront him since none of the managers or HR will...

a month ago

Edit

blankslate_10

As someone who has BO like you describe due to forces outside my control, I can say that if the person doesn't smell bad by their own choice, they are suffering worse than you. Constantly having people treat you badly because you smell bad (not by choice) and talking badly about you or trying to get you fired which is a death sentence since it's really hard to get jobs if you smell bad, puts people who don't have a choice about how they smell in a constant state of anxiety and depression. Also, I would recommend that you don't tell him to his face, because if you did that to me with the animus you have, you'd push a button you don't want to push and we'd both leave this life.

a month ago

Edit

Desert_Fairy

When this happens, it is usually the result of mental health issues. A lot of compulsive disorders can lead to unhygienic practices which make communal work spaces difficult. Sadly your co-worker won’t improve even if discipline is applied by HR. They will only really improve with therapy. The result will be that no one will work with him and his performance will suffer. That will result in his eventual termination. His mental health condition may cause an outburst at work before that, but these things follow the same course. I guess have a bit of compassion for the guy. Don’t put yourself into a position of being taken advantage of, but realize that this guy has something broken in him. He is trapped in a cycle that has probably repeated a few times and it really sucks because to him he isn’t doing anything wrong. He probably does stress about why his co-workers always hate him. Finally, be super careful to not give him a reason to think you either get along and could be friends, or that you are causing his problems. People with this kind of mental disorder can become obsessive about you. It sucks when you pick up a stalker.

a month ago

Edit

moubliepas

We know next to nothing about this mystery coworker, but you're very confident that he is dangerous to OP, that OP must not be nice to him, and that he is potentially a stalker. That's... that's really not even in the top 15 most likely things to be happening, there is zero reason to believe that the guy is a stalker or a danger in any respect. I don't think it's kind, or prudent, to just assume that people are pathologically dangerous until proven otherwise

a month ago

Edit

Comminutor

Reminds me of [this scene](https://youtu.be/5ccp-lEmoAE)

a month ago

Edit

lonesky

Get an air purifier.

a month ago

Edit

str8rippin_xii

There’s a condition called Trimethylaminuria (TMAU) that is completely rancid and unpleasant smell which is uncontrollable by those who suffer from it. Only stating this because it’s possible your coworker has this. “I know it’s not a medical condition” just doesn’t really fit the bill unless you’re his/her PCP. It’s possible that your actions of holding your nose, pulling up your mask, or making comments to other coworkers are making his life a living hell. Little compassion goes a long way.

a month ago

Edit

ouronlyplanb

Kinda fair, but you can still wash, dress on clean clothes and put on medical grade deodorant regularly to help. Sounds like the dudes not taking much action to help if it was the situation.

a month ago

Edit

Vivid_Solution_1178

do you work in an office? Or a fast food job ?

a month ago

Edit

cbass90

Is this in Atlanta by any chance? Had an old co worker that smelled like shit too.

a month ago

Edit

d3adlyv3n0m

Greetings, I can definitely smell your pain. Been in similar situations many times in the past with the exception that I did not work with, or sit near the persons that smelled, but running into them around the office was still difficult. One thing to note is that going to HR will probably amount to a dead end as they exist to protect the business first and foremost. Perhaps this article can provide some ideas and\\or direction: [Employee Fired For Bad Odor](https://www.hcamag.com/ca/specialization/employment-law/ask-a-lawyer-can-hr-fire-an-employee-for-bad-body-odour/129728) Good luck.

a month ago

Edit

ccg0306

Tell him he smells like shit and needs to wear deodorant 🤷🏻‍♂️

a month ago

Edit

mvnston197

I know some people with GERD have breath that smells like feces.

a month ago

Edit

Silent_Conflict9420

Figure out an excuse to send him personally to HR or a high level managers office. Any bullshit errand or whatever. Let them smell him for themselves & I bet it will get handled.

a month ago

Edit

UncleJunior1

Get a lawyer friend to write a letter saying this must stop or else. Just a simple letter gets attention.

a month ago

Edit

stein63

I worked with someone like this, stunk to high heaven! I had to work in close proximity to him on a assembly line, so yes I confronted him. Claimed it was medical, found out him and his dad were living out of a van, however, there are showers in the work locker rooms. Union so it wasn't like they could fire him so they moved him to a area he wasn't around anyone. He stunk for months afterwards, his oder eventually was no more, but o this day I don't know why he smelled so bad for about a year. You need to report them to HR.

a month ago

Edit

Iforgotmyother_name

If it's a co-worker that I can't avoid, I would just point blank ask him why no shower?

a month ago

Edit

Shehyzers

Just be an adult and tell him directly. Don’t be passive aggressive or drop hints, it won’t work, just be direct (but as professional as possible).

a month ago

Edit

CactusJackPHX

Agreed, trying to dance around the issue isn't doing anyone favors including the guy that stinks. Sometimes the truth needs to be heard.

a month ago

Edit

pokethugg

If people have been direct about it then there's nothing we can do. Let him know personally and stay away

a month ago

Edit

Jcaseykcsee

Management needs to get on this. HR, his manager, SOMEone needs to address it. If he was spoken to by human resources and management and still comes in smelling horrendous, he is actually not doing what management is asking of him in his job, within the organization. He’s not implementing it. If you’re 100% sure he doesn’t have a medical condition and it’s effecting the ability of others to work, then this is a WORK issue. He needs to be told that part of doing his job properly entails using proper hygiene practices continuously. If he’s going to remain employed at the organization, he needs to agree to these terms and if he doesn’t comply, he’ll need to go on an improvement plan. I’m so sorry OP. I had this issue back when I was an HR manager and it was not fun to deal with, but it was necessary. It sounds like OP has it a lot worse than I did. I’m sorry. That’s awful! If management refuses to do anything about it, there is also a management problem at the company (in addition to an awful-smelling coworker problem at the company). You absolutely have the right to be direct with him if nothing changes. Maybe it was never stressed in his household to wash daily. We don’t know. I can’t imagine anyone would be OK knowing they smell horrible while working around others. But if they’ve had conversations with him and it continues? And he lives with his parents so the availability of facilities is not an issue? Something isn’t right.

a month ago

Edit

notpreposterous

Years ago I used to work at a retail store at night stocking shelves and we had a guy like that, he didn't smell crap but had terrible BO. You could smell the air after he passed there like 5 min ago. Thankfully I didn't work there for long.

a month ago

Edit

TipsyLore

I had a similar situation at a new job once. Went to management then HR and nothing was done. After I had to work with Stank-Mon another time I went directly to my manager and told them if they didn't talk to him I would ASAP. Nothing was done, I was told to calm down then I marched right over to dude and tried as tactfully as I could to let him know he smells like ass. They smell even lingered in an area after you leave. Dude looked horrified, embarrassed and confused but he started showing daily after that. He avoided me like the plague too but hey, I'm there to work not make friends.

a month ago

Edit

Ghostlyshado

I wonder if she has a mental illness. Living at home with parents, poor hygiene.

a month ago

Edit

Dr_Hodgekins

Last year I had to have "The Smell Talk" with one of my employees. He has been with the company for 31 years and still lived in his parents house (parents since deceased, but never left). To my own fault I let it go on a little longer than I should have, thinking it would resolve itself. When I finally sat him down to have the talk he became extremely offended and defensive trying to blame one single employee of having accused him (we all acknowledged the stench). He even mentioned to me before how multiple managers spoke to him about it over the years. When I told him even I noticed it on that day without skipping a beat this grown man looked me in the eye and said "I just had an accident about 5 minutes ago". I had to keep my poker face and and continue to explain this wasn't the first instance I had noticed it. After that his hygiene did improve dramatically, but his attitude still stinks.

a month ago

Edit

Fair-Mix-9540

I knew a person at my job who bought the smelly person a deodorant, toothpaste, and body wash as a Christmas gift 😭

a month ago

Edit

ZonaLite

Good thing coworker isn’t bringing bed bugs because he might. We had an incident in my work where someone brought the bugs. They had sniff dogs alerting management. People were sent home and required to have an exterminator check their homes.

a month ago

Edit

Smeltanddealtit

Out of curiosity, what kind of work do y’all do?

a month ago

Edit

Rosehus12

LOL I'm sorry I laughed at this post but I think you should talk with him privately, or maybe give him a gift collection for body and works collection

a month ago

Edit

crisscross89

I gave out axe body spray to my coworkers that smell bad and told them it was coo worker appreciation day lol.

a month ago

Edit

Public-Breadfruit915

“I’m bored, let’s go put on some deodorant y’all”

a month ago

Edit

imseriouslykyle

I actually worked with someone who smelled really bad and always had holes in their pants in ‘inappropriate’ places. The whole department brought it up with our manager who then talked to the store manager and they pulled them aside to have a ‘word with them’. I’m pretty sure they just mentioned that they needed to work on their hygiene because of some company appearance policy or something. Cause customers would notice it too. Who knows. After that they fixed the pants things, and yeah they didn’t smell anymore but their hair was still super oily and greasy looking. But still an improvement none the less. I would suggest just bringing it up with management and seeing if others feel the same way you do.

a month ago

Edit

ChadlikesMilfs

you have to tell him face to face. it sucks but thats the only way. years ago, i had a similar issue and we put those glade air freshers everywhere. didnt help at all. so one day i sprayed him with perfume and he caught me and flipped out so i just blurted it out. "Dude you have serious smelky body oder. you stink. You smell like a bums armpit." the entire shop was quiet. He just stood there stunned & embrassed then said "i go to the gym before work." to which another co-worker said "well quit that shit & get fat." i rolled my eyes and said "whatever you do is your thing but at least you're aware of the issue." he called out sick for two days in a row then when he came back, problem solved no more body oder. the entire experience is sucky.

a month ago

Edit

MET1

Strategic fan placement can help.

a month ago

Edit

howmuchforthetaco

Talk to them, I had a guy working night shift who went straight to work after the gym. He immediately was embarrassed and we never smelled him again.

a month ago

Edit

zehydra

I'm constantly terrified that I'm this person. I shower every day and wear deodorant but I can't shake that i smell bad at work and around people and I try to get away from people as much as possible as a result. I dunno what to do.

a month ago

Edit

dUmbBiTCHjulcE

Going to HR won’t do anything. As a group, you and your coworkers need to go to this guy’s manager and tell them “hey, supervisor person. You’re employee, Bob, smells terrrible. You need to talk to him about this or we can no longer work in the same space with him. There are a myriad of reasons for this, but we shouldn’t have to deal with the impact of his stench.” If his manager refuses to do anything, start looking for another job. He might be lazy, he might be depressed, he might have a medical condition. None of the reasons matter. What matters is that his manager is willing to face this head on and find a solution that works for everyone.

a month ago

Edit

GlitterBirb

I had a coworker who always smelled bad. I never knew why until we got to know each other better and she said she had surgery for a cyst near her butt and it essentially created a pocket she couldn't keep clean. She was very overweight and it was apparantly deep in her crack. You just never know these things. I didn't like her as a person but I could not hold that against her. But then again some people don't realize their bad hygiene is that bad or detectable to others. Ugh definitely a difficult subject.

a month ago

Edit

str8rippin_xii

Probably a pilonidal cyst and the surgery is fucking disgusting.

a month ago

Edit

eric_393

Tell him he needs to wash his ass u wussies

a month ago

Edit

Tempintern23

I feel ya. I had a coworker in like 2014 who's name was Raj. He was a really nice dude. But he smelled really bad like BO, sweat etc. We later told him like you need deodorant, and cologne and we taught him some hygiene stuff. After we taught him that he smells normal and good. Sometimes people don't know if they smell bad or not.

a month ago

Edit

SeempleDude

Just tell them in private what's going on and make it clear that you're not making fun of them, that its just too distracting in the workplace

a month ago

Edit

CosmicLightning

Unpopular Opinion Warning Below >!Maybe person can't afford necessities to make them smell good. Or in my case, being extremely sensitive to most deodorant and thr other kind that builds against sweat defense. Kinda sucks being allergic to metals. I:e so far platinum, zinc, stainless steel, nickel, and titanium. Copper and brass I can touch. I can touch most all metals for less than a minute thankfully or I break out in a rash after pronged exposure. After a day once wearing suspenders with cheap metal that touched my back, I broke out in hives. My dad apologized after realizing I was correct that I was allergic. Than again that coworker could be going through depression and anxiety that is super rough. You never truly know the reason. I assure you hr probably did talk to them. Like I said though, think about it. Heck they could even have a rare disease [water](https://www.webmd.com/allergies/what-is-aquagenic-urticaria) disease or anxiety disorder Ablutophobia. <! >!Best bet is if friends ask about it nicely, cuz I know they probably get attacked by everyone for it alot, I know I do. Ask about life, get to know them better. Maybe you'll find the reason and even improve their life by being there for them. Heck maybe they just can't afford water. Please just understand lots of reasons people can smell that they have no control over. <! >!Also, for me to tackle my smell, I have to literally shower 3 to 6 times a day due to overactive sweat glands. Avoid sweaty activities and hope aerosol spray will work due to my metal allergy. Trust me when I say this, they are definitely trying and definitely getting annoyed with it themselves. You think we like the smell either? <!

a month ago

Edit

crapendicular

Kind of reminds me of this guy I used to work with except he had colonitis or something. Felt bad for him then.

a month ago

Edit

TNTransplantFromNY

How much does your job pay per hour? You normally don't find that in medium or high income work places. How long has he been working there?

a month ago

Edit

wallflower1221

This could be a multi layered problem. The person may not honestly know, could be too poor or not in the financial position to really do clothes etc. or could have a mental illness that prevents them from remembering. The best thing if you’ve already reported is probably just pull this person aside. Tell them politely they have a bit of a stench and you don’t mean it rudely. It may help to have some extra deodorant and cologne on hand and just say hey I got you. Maybe question forward. He could need assistance, like a shower or a washer dryer he may not have access to.

a month ago

Edit

TheRealSedi

Tell him to his face. I went to cosmotology school and a girl smell the same. Just like sewer water. Everyone hated her. She wouldnt listen either until she was doing facials on people. I feel bad for her but if your working in a small space it needs to be addressed ASAP!

a month ago

Edit

Ok3761

1. Privately ask him why he smells and if there's anything you can do to help. Don't pry though. This gives him a chance to save from the embarrassment of being told that everyone thinks it's an issue. 2. If he acts like it's not an issue, then that's when you have someone else essentially spell it out for him. They mention he smells, others notice it and it's a problem, and he needs to do something about it. Having another tell him let's him know it's not you being overly sensitive to smell or whatever excuse he comes up with in his head. Good cop bad cop except the 2nd person just drops the true weight of the issue straight up without being mean about it as much as possible. 3. If that doesn't work have someone in charge tell him he has to do something about it. 4. And if the one in charge won't do anything then you need to have like an office intervention with this dude xD

a month ago

Edit

VeryUnscientific

So no masks at work? You can smell with a mask on?

a month ago

Edit

hunkachunk88888

Buy him some deodorant and some Irish springs. Tell him you smell like shit man get it together or I will destroy you

a month ago

Jobs For You