Try searching for something else

Try searching for something else

Discussion

Help with application

5 days ago

|

Hello, I got a job offer from my job recruiter from a restaurant after leaving my job at Target after nearly a year. Prior to joining Target, I was a leader in a school military program called NJROTC. I was a leader for 4 years before I graduated. On my resume I put that I have “leadership” as a skill so the offer I got was for a shift manager role. My question is, on the application it asks how many years of leadership experience do I have. I technically have 4 but I don’t know if it counts because it wasn’t work related. Should I put 4 years and explain if I get the interview that it was in a high school military program or just put zero?

Want to comment? or with one click.

Comments
  • bayaubs

It’s fine, not all experience relevant to jobs applied for comes from paid work. Some through school, volunteering, etc. I’d go ahead and list 4 years.

5 days ago

Edit

You have reported this post

• strafey

It doesn't matter if it's work related. If you served in a leadership role, at all, put it down. People list stuff like Eagle Scouts or team captain from their high school days - NJROTC is more valuable than those by a mile.

5 days ago

Edit

You have reported this post

Jobs For You

Search for a job