Try searching for something else

Try searching for something else

I didn’t entertain a few calls on my day off and was questioned by my supervisor.

14 days ago

|

The calls were a follow-up to the texts that the focal point had sent to me just a few hours before midnight, just before my day off. There was no concern on why they were trying to reach me on my day off. Instead, the issue was why I was unreachable. This is not the first time that I've been contacted on my day off - I've even entertained them for the past few of months. I'm just tired of it - it's my day off; at least give me that to regain my sanity from dealing with your shit for the majority of the week. I also don't get compensated - so don't expect my free time if you aren't willing to compensate for it. I've been contemplating quitting for the longest time but where I'm from, it's really difficult to find a job. Sorry if it's a bit vague. I'm just worried that they might find this out somehow.

Want to comment? or with one click

Comments

Edit

You have reported this post

Jedi4Hire

Depends a fair amount if you're salary or hourly. Either way, you could say something like this... "At no point during the hiring process was it communicated that I would have to be reachable or on-call during my off hours. If this is an expectation of this position, I do not believe I am being fairly compensated."

14 days ago

Edit

1_disappointed_rddtr

>Depends a fair amount if you're salary or hourly. Salaried - in US dollars, I get paid $1k per month.

14 days ago

Edit

Anxious-Custard6208

Just tell them you took a weekend trip out of town to the woods and had no service… and that you will be continuing to do this for the unforeseen future🥴🥴 If you are not salary then they can’t expect you to be on call at all times… I mean even as a salaried employee you are entitled to your days off unless they ask that you be on call 24/7 in your contract.

14 days ago

Edit

1_disappointed_rddtr

>Just tell them you took a weekend trip out of town to the woods and had no service… and that you will be continuing to do this for the unforeseen future🥴🥴 I can't 😂 >If you are not salary then they can’t expect you to be on call at all times… I mean even as a salaried employee you are entitled to your days off unless they ask that you be on call 24/7 in your contract. Salaried, and our contract doesn't state that we're on call 24/7, but it does say something along the lines of as and when required by operations, which is pretty unfair because it allows them to abuse us.

14 days ago

Jobs For You