Try searching for something else

Try searching for something else

I GOT A STELLAR JOB and it turned out to be a pure joke

2 months ago

|

I was unemployed and did freelance work for very long time. Needless to say, it was a very tough period on many levels. Several months ago I got that call that many people wait for, where I was invited to an interview. Things went great, and then a few hours later I got an offer, which blew me away. Excellent salary, luxury health insurance package and an opportunity to aspire in what I truly love. Well, I did get almost everything at the end of the day except for not knowing that I was about to work for a freaking psychopath. The company I was hired to work for is young and branched off of a bigger one, which is very successful in its respective industry. At the beginning of everything disorder and turbulence are normal things to happen. However, what eventually turned out to be very problematic is how rude, insensitive, completely and utterly disrespectful that so-called boss resulted to be. Only his opinion matters. Everybody else is lesser of him and doesn't know what he's doing. He calls himself a genious and excellent psychologist. Furthermore, he says that he can read people and communicate well, which is one of the biggest ironies that I've ever seen. He openly says that he doesn't like order and structure. He skips meetings because he sometimes drinks and smokes his ass off to death. Worst of all, he forgets about important arrangements and then criticize others for things he'd never articulated that he wanted in the first place. And don't get me started on 'constructive criticism' - " don't want this, don't like that", then cuts off the person presenting his work and never really answers questions like what he wants, what's the problem with the work etc. He just leaves people to guess what he wants and all employes are expected to read his mind. Ever since I started at this company we never finished anything. He shares an idea, we start working, he then decided to put it on hold - no explanation provided. Then he throws in another idea and the same viscious circle over and over again. I never really thought I'd say this but I don't fucking care about all those benefits if that so-called 'boss' considers that this is a way to lead a company. At the end of the day I value more my mental health and time... Thanks for going through this rant. PS: I've been in this company for nearly half a year.

Want to comment? or with one click

Comments

Edit

You have reported this post

Ok3761

Sucks, just dealt with a really similar situation up until about 3 weeks ago when i quit. Boss would want one thing and change their mind pretty much every day within hours. Boss would also flat out lie by telling me what I want to hear, saying there's a job tonight so I could come in late the next day, then after the job is over late at night tells me I still have to be in by 8:30 (this nutjob didn't even show up until just before 9 to unlock the door). Boss would come in cranky, to put it lightly, every morning and then be in a nice mood by the \*end\* of the work day. I'm guessing his mood dictated what he wanted and that's why he would change his mind every day. If it weren't for getting scolded every morning for doing what he told me to do the day before I probably could've stayed and dealt with the rest of his bs. There's no winning with these types of people. They won't change for you. Get out when you can.

2 months ago

Edit

Puzzleheaded_Hat8204

This literally sounds me like when I'm drinking (I put the bottle down and never intend to pick it back up). If it makes you feel better, if he's drinking and smoking like that, he's miserable inside.

2 months ago

Edit

HuffleMuggle

I have worked for many sociopaths (attorneys) and now I'm in insurance and my client is just one of the worst human beings I've ever met. Out looking again. I feel the frustration.

2 months ago

Jobs For You