Recently accepted an offer for new job, old job offering better position

a month ago

|

bamhotsauce

Just accepted a new offer with an insurance agency, signed offer and everything. Going back to tell my manager that I’m leaving because I didn’t enjoy managing (was promoted to a team manager a while back) and he offered my old position as a broker. The commission structure for brokers with current company is getting better and he offered better hours and remote work. I feel like I want to go back/continues with current company but am just not sure. I love the company and the people but looking for a new job was wanting something “new” and not wanting to be management any longer. My current commute is pretty far but under an hour, new commute would be 10 minutes. However with the remote position I would never be required to come to office.

Want to comment? or with one click

Comments

• spennyspaghetti

Sounds like you get what you want no matter which option you choose. The safer option is to stay with your current company. The new company could be better or it might not be. If you're the type of person that enjoys seeking new experience, are happy to go to a party where you don't know anyone to meet new people, are comfortable with a bit of risk, then take the new job.

a month ago

• Anxious-Custard6208

I would consider pay and what room for growth there is at either place. If that narrows anything down

a month ago

• frogmicky

![gif](giphy|3ornka9rAaKRA2Rkac)

a month ago

Community Discussions

Jobs For You