Rejection because of lack of chemistry

a month ago

|

Matbell87

Hello everyone. I just got rejected after my job interview because of lack of "chemistry"/wrong chemistry. I felt it went well and there was a nice relaxed atmosphere so I'm surprised - especially that the reason was lack of chemistry. Not sure what went wrong. I feel I present myself well. But I'm feeling pretty worthless right now. This is the first interview where they talked of lack of "chemistry" as the reason I'm not going through. Anyone else who have tried this? I would like some positive, encouraging responses as I'm feeling pretty low at the moment. Thank you.

Want to comment? or with one click

Comments

• MM-Invaprep

Dont stress about it. Sometimes people just dont 'vibe', or the interviewer has some form of discriminative bias which caused them to 'not like you'. Objectively speaking, it's quite unprofessional for a company to communicate the the reject reason was 'chemistry' as that's an immeasurable competency. The fact they were unable to share any solid reason for the rejection could signal that you dodged a bullet by not getting that job. Imagine, if a manager is unable to clearly identify why someone is wrong, and unable to communicate that, how comfortable would it be working for them? Put it behind you, push forward and onto the next. A the best Michael Www.linkedin.com/in/mminvaprep www.invaprep.com

a month ago

• BunChargum

Personal and professional chemistry with the boss and the team is always going to be the most important factor in a hiring decision. You can't force chemistry in most cases. Most of the people who are interviewed will have similar educations, skills, talents and accomplishments. The final decision is based on chemistry most of the time.

a month ago

• Mojojojo3030

Might honestly be a filler reason for something else. Not sure I’d sweat it unless I heard the same thing from at least one other employer.

a month ago

Community Discussions

Jobs For You