Try searching for something else

Try searching for something else

So I've been unemployed for seven months and now have four final round interviews in the space of four days.

5 months ago

|

I'm nervous as hell to the point of wanting to vomit. Any tips on how to counter this anxiety I'm feeling?

Want to comment? or with one click

Comments

Edit

You have reported this post

funkybrush

When I’m nervous or feel anxious I tell myself “Feel the fear, and do it anyways” Sometimes we need to just embrace that we are anxious, nothing ever subsides my anxiety so I must feel the fear and push myself to go for it anyways. Sorry if this wasn’t any help, but this is what always encourages me not to give up.

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

Reminds me of the litnany against fear from Dune. "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." You've helped me immensely.

5 months ago

Edit

BreakMyFallIfYouCan

If you have that many final interviews at once, just know that it’s your time. It’s meant to be despite your anxiety, so you can relax in that knowledge. This is how life works sometimes...famine then feast. You will be absolutely fine. People need your skills, and that is clear.

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

It really is a case of when it rains it pours! Covid has been tough job hunting through. Even after posting this yet another company has emailed me asking when I'm free to interview! It really makes me feel alot better I'm not the issue Covid was.

5 months ago

Edit

Coraline1599

[Tell yourself you are excited, rather than anxious](https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/video/485297/) [Find your own version of “Fired up, ready to to go!”](https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/513629/fired-up-ready-to-go/) [Try some power stances](https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.ted.com/10-examples-of-how-power-posing-can-work-to-boost-your-confidence/amp/) Get headphones and listen to whatever music makes you feel confident and authentic right before going in. You’ve got this!

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

I'm feeling good now. I'm going to blast out some NWA before going into these interviews.

5 months ago

Edit

deadplant5

Remind yourself that you can only gain. If one of these goes wrong, nothing really changes. If it goes right, you get a job

5 months ago

Edit

TheeAngelness

This is pretty good

5 months ago

Edit

Ilien

I literally got an offer today, after searching for more than a year. What worked for me? Prepping, all the answers and questions I could find. Many situations, many cases, always circling back to the position. You got this. It's your turn now!

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

Thanks I'm feeling good mentally even if my stomach wants to void itself.

5 months ago

Edit

nyckidx

All good advice above. Remember that all 4 companies already like you and not out to get you, nor want you to fail. Be yourself.

5 months ago

Edit

QuitaQuites

Confidence. Fake it! Even to yourself! You’ve got four options at this point!

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

I've got imposter syndrome.

5 months ago

Edit

nlk090909

No new advice - there’s already great stuff here. Just sending you positive vibes!

5 months ago

Edit

jer1230

I have a feeling you’ll end up with more than one offer, you’ve got this OP! Good luck!

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

Wouldn't that be a dream. As sick as I'm feeling I'm quietly confident.

5 months ago

Edit

seaandtea

I am an interview coach. This is exactly the pain I take away. Each person is different and requires different advice. If you want my help, send me a personal message and I will see if we can work something out.

5 months ago

Edit

wishiknewnatportman

A swig of whiskey and a prescription for some beta-blockers. Goodluck.

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

Cheers after some of the advice and support I got here I feel like bursting through the wall like the kool-aid man

5 months ago

Edit

Cinnamonbunns2

I always tell myself the world will still turn if I crash and burn and that helps haha

5 months ago

Edit

CMDR_KingErvin

When I have something big coming up that’s not super pleasant I like to reward myself after. Think of how good you’ll feel when it’s all over and even more so if you end up getting the job. Set up something fun to do after the interviews that you can look forward to. Maybe a new movie you want to see, play some video games, order some food you like. Whatever it is that gives you some happiness. Then after the stressful event you can relax and unwind.

5 months ago

Edit

Substantial_Bad_7783

May I suggest that you have a few practice sessions before your first real one. See if a few friends can mimic a real interview as much as possible. This will help you adjust to speaking out loud, speaking to your work experience, schooling, training, etc. Since you’ve been unemployed you may be surprised at how rusty you might be with day to day interactions/exchanges with potential colleagues. Anyway! Best of luck, be yourself, be confident! Keep us updated :). Also, do your targeted research for each position!

5 months ago

Edit

Nosa2k

Don’t be afraid you’ve got this! Remind yourself why you like the role in the first place! What drew you close to it? Go out there and show they what they would benefit from having you in their team!

5 months ago

Edit

knewt5

Rehearse!

5 months ago

Edit

xanthopants

Try to convert the nerves into confidence. Nerves are normal especially when you want the job but still try to use it to your advantage. Top tip: it’s ok to say you’re a bit nervous and take your time when answering.

5 months ago

Edit

Epon12349

The best things in life lie on the other end of discomfort. Take comfort in the fact that you have FOUR INTERVIEWS lined up! That's great! You're going to get one for sure

5 months ago

Edit

naynay627

Good luck Op! Put your best foot forward and do the best you can. I have made it to the final round for 4 positions in the last 2 months. They all decided to go with a different candidate. If you get a job offer great and if not keep on trucking.

5 months ago

Edit

fingerlimesouplord

Recognise you from r/rugbyunion! Good luck mate Go in with excitement. You're excited to be there. I think that will help

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

Shiiiit I'm infamous! Haha fingers crossed hope to get made an offer tomorrow.

5 months ago

Edit

theCHAMPdotcom

Dang that is crazy, congrats. I would say exercise, eat specific types of foods. Foods with high omega 3's. Gets plenty of sleep, avoid alcohol. Prepare as best you can. I bought a nice suit for the zoom interviews and did a lot of prep work. Maybe a mock interview if you have time. Good luck.

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

I'm doing literally the opposite I'm having a few beers to calm my nerves and about to smash a pizza to put me to sleep food comatose. I do have a nice suit though for the two in person interviews I have tomorrow. I plan to get to both early so I can think through what I want to get across and what value I can add to the company.

5 months ago

Edit

espigademaiz

I'm sorry probably this is stupid, and i'm sorry if I offended you by my lack of empathy but I will give my own experience anyway. But I'm never nervous due to the fact that my mindset at this nervous situations is: \-I've done all that could/should done to this point and I can't do more right now, this is it. \-Fear and anxiety are negative points, if I'm nervous about exceeding in this i can't be nervous or I will not exceed as I want.

5 months ago

Edit

SwannyWilkinson

No offence taken. It's a fight or flight response for me. I used to play rugby before injury ended my career. I was the same then. I used to nearly throw up before every game. I'm always up for the fight once I get into it. It's the waiting I can't deal with it turns me into a wreck.

5 months ago

Edit

LMShep

Good things happen on the other side of fear.

5 months ago

Edit

_AverageCabbage_

Well done! You have nothing to lose. Just remember you're trying to have a conversation, not an interrogation. At this stage of the application process, your resume says you've got the job. Now you just have to act like it. Good luck!

5 months ago

Edit

theworldisnotquiet

Plan some treats for yourself after they are done. Do some interview and question prep and research the companies. Personally I always feel better if I know I've done my homework. Also well done. You know you are nailing the application phase. It also might be helpful to have a block of interviews like this and get on a bit of a roll.

5 months ago

Edit

Britwill

Good luck my friend. I had a similar situation last month - 2 final interviews in space of 1 week after 4 months job hunting. Didn’t get either of them! So don’t count your chickens until they’ve hatched, put equal amounts of energy into prepping for each and try your best. Good luck.

5 months ago

Edit

Zuggsly

First and foremost, I’d recommend preparing for each of these interviews in advance to avoid feeling like you’re scrambling before each of them. I’m doing so, you’ll be able to relax and breathe a bit before each of them, rather than feeling like you have to get everything buttoned up in a rush. Interviews are a chance to highlight your strengths, fill in any gaps/questions they have, as well as a chance for you to get to know each team and if they’re a good fit for what you need in your next step. Write down any questions you might have for them ahead of time, as well as anything in your experience you’d really want to highlight/touch upon. Secondly (which I touched a bit upon in the first point), make sure you carve out time for self-care between each final round interview. It’s tiring to make a case for yourself over and over, so make sure you set aside moments to be kind to yourself. That can take the shape of doing mindfulness exercises, or treating yourself to something that brings you joy. It’s also important to make sure you don’t miss any meals. I know I get nervous and forget to eat or hydrate, so I’ve historically made myself a smoothie or something to make sure I’m not going into things on empty. Interviewing is tiring, but it sounds like you have some promising irons in the fire. Just remember that there’s a reason you’ve gotten this far, and now is the time to show them what you’re made of. You’ve got this!!

5 months ago

Edit

gremmygrems

Good luck, OP! I was in a similar position the last two weeks where I was in several final round interviews and woke up sick every morning to vomit until they were all over. It’s okay to feel nervous, but remember that if you made it this far to this many places that they definitely want you and you’re almost there! One great tip I got was if during the interview you start to feel nervous and start to stumble on your words,take a deep breath or a gulp of water and say “I’m sorry I’m feeling a little nervous, it’s not every day you get to interview for you dream job.” And then calmly proceed from where you left off. And like other people said, prepping and knowing the answers to the typical questions you’ll get. The more frequently you do it, the more you’ll be comfortable when it’s time to answer them with an actual interviewer.

5 months ago

Edit

mav_st

I tricked that I've heard and done before, was right before the interview (if you're interviewing from home it works better), is to just blast your favorite song and go crazy doing your favorite dance moves. Somehow, It really works with getting the nerves out.

5 months ago

Edit

hoIIie

Hey! You got this. I’m involved in recruiting and as a recruiter we WANT to see you succeed if you’re in your final round. You’re in the final round because you have the skills and abilities to be successful in this role. You got this!!

5 months ago

Edit

Ok_Milk_7924

goodluck!

5 months ago

Edit

StChello

Power poses [https://www.inc.com/business-insider/amy-cuddy-the-poses-that-will-boost-your-confidence.html](https://www.inc.com/business-insider/amy-cuddy-the-poses-that-will-boost-your-confidence.html)

5 months ago

Edit

hazelsunshine

Did you know anxiety and excitement are the same reactions in the body? Try letting that nervous feeling become excitement. And if you can’t do that (I know it’s hard) try to think of the nervousness as your body’s response of preparing you. That nervous feeling means you care and your body and mind are preparing to crush those interviews!

5 months ago

Edit

emilyem34

Take melatonin to sleep! I used to have near insomnia before a stressful event like that, but the night before each of my interviews for my current job, I took melatonin so I could get a good night of sleep and it worked! Getting a good night’s sleep is really important for you to be able to perform well in the interview!

5 months ago

Edit

csusank93

Good luck! Sending good vibes!

5 months ago

Edit

Great_1

Breathing exercises before and after. Meditation/prayer helped me as well. Don’t fixate on what could go wrong, focus on what could go right. Prepare like a son of a gun. Maybe ask recruiter about interview type or style if you haven’t done so yet or you don’t have an idea from the first interviews. Do your best to dress impeccably. Look good, feel good. Good luck!!!

5 months ago

Edit

Infinite-Ad-4710

Yay! That’s awesome! ❤️🙌🏾

5 months ago

Edit

meeshandstuff

Just keep saying our loud to the universe, they want me! I'm going to have to choose between offers! I'm going to SMASH this!

5 months ago

Edit

WhirlpoolGalaxy_2021

you have nothing to lose brother and everything to gain. This is what you have been aiming for all these 7 months. I usually pray in these situations to God and derive strength from that also. I would advise u get good rest each night and also maybe some exercise or workout? that also helps me counter stress and anxiety.

5 months ago

Edit

Rusty_James

Being unemployed for such a long period of time is extremely difficult. There are some real difficulties not getting a job will lead to. But on top of that, my guess is you are telling yourself some thoughts that aren't quite true. Things like "If I don't get this, it just confirms that I'm a loser" or "If I don't get this, I'll never get a job." Distorted thoughts like these likely play a major role in this anxiety you're feeling. Through practices like CBT, you'll be able to recognize those thoughts and talk back to them. By saying things like: "This is just a distorted thought. I'm not a loser, I'm just having a hard seven months. I've clearly done some good things in my life, so how can I be a "loser"?" A book called "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" changed my life, by teaching me this technique and helping me work it into my every day life.

5 months ago

Edit

SuperHoneyBunny

First of all, congrats on making it this far!!! I feel you on the anxiety. Recently I had to go through three rounds of interviews (with five interviewers total) and it scared the crap out of me! (Luckily, they extended an offer at the end.) It’s hard to shake the jitters, but what helped to ease my mind was to hunt down commonly asked interview questions and write down answers in advance. Then after that, I rehearsed my answers repeatedly with others (video chatting with friends works for this too). Yes, you want your responses to sound natural, but it’s better to be prepared than to be caught off guard. The more you practice, you’ll feel a greater sense of control and confidence, which will help reduce nervousness. In addition, if it seems that they may ask you situational questions (e.g., “Tell me about a time when...” or “What would you do if...”), prepare your stories beforehand. Rehearse and trim out the fat. My interviewers asked me many of those types of questions, so it was extremely useful to have various experiences already lined up in my head. On the day of the interview, spend some time doing minor exercises prior to your meeting. Stretching, jumping, walking, light running, or light dancing with the radio might help to calm your nerves. Food-wise, maybe avoid caffeine but do eat well. Best of luck to you! You will be okay! :)

5 months ago

Edit

SephoraRothschild

Go outside to a green space with trees for about 45 minutes every morning. If you can run around your neighborhood while the weather is cool, that's even better. Brain needs fresh oxygen.

5 months ago

Edit

omgFWTbear

For what it’s worth, I’ve befriended a fair number of executives who always sell the myth of their professional career like their destination was inevitable; but the truth is, it’s just marketing copy. Everyone fails. What’s more, some interviews you were never going to succeed at, regardless of what you did - they need to make pretend it was a fair and open job, but they knew who was getting it beforehand. Finally, I have had a few interviews where at the end, I could only hire one person but would have hired any of the top 3 candidates. The other 2 didn’t fail, and in some cases, I later had budget to grab someone and went back for those other candidates. To be incredibly brief, I passed over a superior analytic type for a superior person skill, because that’s what my team had less of. I would’ve taken either, and neither was objectively better across the board than the other

5 months ago

Edit

Googoo123450

For me the final rounds are usually very technical interviews so I'll read the job description and review as much as possible on all of those subjects. Not only has this helped me in instances when they ask about something I just reviewed, but just the feeling that I did what I could to prepare makes me less anxious. If I prepare and still don't get the job well I didn't have a chance to begin with so it's easier to shrug it off.

5 months ago

Edit

CuriousWorkinggal

Sending you great vibes

5 months ago

Edit

HoneyBBqBadger

I had an interview after a about a year and a half of not working. This interview happened to land on the same day my wife was having routine surgery. I fully expected to be a complete bag of nerves but her surgery did the opposite for me. It out things in perspective for me and helped me to realize that while it would definitely suck to not get the job, it wasn’t life and death. With that realization I went into my first every panel interview and subsequent 1 on 1 technical interview and totally aced it. Got the job offer at 8:30 the next morning.

5 months ago

Edit

hystericaltheme

I realized a while ago that I had forgotten the difference between anxiety and exhilaration, and was trying to escape both when I should have liked one of them. I suggest that you go ride a bicycle really fast about it.

5 months ago

Edit

BarrattG

You have 4 really decent chances to covert at least 1 into an offer. Likely you'll get multiple offers. You wouldn't reach the final stage interview in even 1 if each company didn't think you had strong merit. Go for it, nail all 4 you can do it.

5 months ago

Edit

Clicking_Around

Go for a walk or a workout. It'll kill anxiety for a couple hours.

5 months ago

Edit

karlhaludewiig

Hi! Remember, an interview is just like a date, you do get nervous but both parties need to make the process comfortable. A good interview is just a conversation, let them ask, but make sure you ask questions as well. At the end of each interview you should feel confident on the team, culture and your decision to move forward. This is not an interrogation :)

5 months ago

Edit

middleeasternviking

Breathe deeply through your nose, and exhale deeply through your mouth. Do it again and again. And remind yourself that these are just people who want to know you a bit more. And even if you don't get a job, it's not a big deal. You have to keep saying that to yourself otherwise the process is harrowing.

5 months ago

Edit

SalamanderCongress

Congrats! That's awesome you have four final round interviews this week :) One tip that helped me was to raise my arms above my head. I believe there's a similar pose in yoga called cactus arms? Anyways, I read that it helps with bloodflow and when paired with breathing exercises, helps you mentally feel more prepared and confident.

5 months ago

Edit

pier4r

Don't self reject. You do you, they can decide if they want to work with you (and you with them).

5 months ago

Edit

Cool_Breeze31

First of all... congrates on the final rounds! You have what they are looking for. Don't psych yourself out. If you are getting these final rounds now, you will most likely get more when the job market gets better. Here are a couple of tidbits that you have heard or not heard: 1) You are also interviewing them! Think of it as if you are trying to decide if you want to be boyfriend/girlfriend with this company. 2) If this is strictly a phone interview, stand up when you are talking to them. This will help you come across more confident (not sure how, but it works) 3) As for the anxiety, this is brought on by you and you alone. SO ask yourself: \- Where's the evidence for your negative thoughts or anxiety \- What are the facts for your thoughts that are causing this anxiety \- How would you like to act or behave in the ideal world (meaning - no stress about jobs or interviews) Hope this helps a little! Best of luck!

5 months ago

Edit

CherryBerry2021

Supplement with the amino acid L-theanine

5 months ago

Edit

wakanda101

Best of luck. Keep us updated.

5 months ago

Edit

SevereDependent

You're going to need to find a way to reduce the amount of time you are thinking about these interviews. If there is a legal activity that you can be doing rather then thinking I would suggest that. For me these activities are gaming, cooking or working out, I would also find other activities that you can use while driving to the interview and waiting for the interview to start. Some of these might be listening to music, meditation, breathing exercises, listening to a book, etc. Good luck and don't let it consume you or control you.

5 months ago

Edit

KittenFace25

The exact same thing happened to me last year! I was unemployed for around 6 months total and during the first half of that time interviews were few and far between. Then things started heating up and I was interviewing at 3 places at once. I was on my 2nd interview with 2 of the places when I got an offer from the other one. I'll bet the same is going to happen to you. Good luck! ![gif](emote|free_emotes_pack|grin)

5 months ago

Edit

mamaluivlad

Your interviews will only become better and better as you'll get similar HR-type questions and questions about your projects etc. Also, I would do more research on the interviews you absolutely want, you won't be able to ace all of them and that's fine. It's not normal to ace 4 interviews in a row. If you would do that, you may actually want to reconsider if the jobs are really for you or you are over experienced for them. Just sleep 8 hrs+ and eat healthy. You'll be fine.

5 months ago

Edit

loveyou_meanit

It always helps me to remember that they want to hire you. They're spending time interviewing you because they want you to be a great fit, and most people only anticipate that candidates will do well when they're going to interview them. I've also developed somewhat of an interviewing persona which has helped me push past the anxiety - my interview persona comes off as healthily confident and not as nervous and sweaty as real me is.

5 months ago

Edit

verbeniam

Congrats!!!! Knock em out. Box breathing! In 4, hold 4, out 4

5 months ago

Edit

Flaky-Dragonfly-214

The post from Kovis sums it up best. I was unemployed for 55 weeks. The last two companies that I interviewed with I got offers from and am now finally employed. I really did approach both of those interviews with the attitude that I did not care. They could either hire me or not and it sure seemed to help. I was not nervous and it all worked out. I will also add that I am normally nervous, but I just got to the point that I did not give a fuck and it seemed to work.

5 months ago

Edit

Beccahedron

Meditate beforehand! I’ve found this really helps decrease the physical symptoms of anxiety for me, so even if I’m still nervous at least my heart isn’t pounding and I’m not stumbling over my words (as much lol). Good luck, it looks like you’re about to get a new job!!!

5 months ago

Edit

soop821

I read somewhere in a book that telling yourself "I'm excited" when you feel nervous is a great way to not be nervous

5 months ago

Edit

PolarUno

Do some meditating and reading. Take it as a good sign that you’re a hot commodity! I just left a job and was nervous about leaving but ended up with 4-5 interviews in the last week. I only proceeded with 2 and ended up picking one. This is all a good problem to have!

5 months ago

Edit

charged_words

I'm in the exact same position, been working at Amazon warehouse to see my through whilst looking for a new career. Two weeks ago I felt absolutely useless now I've got a final interview for a job I really want tomorrow, I had another final interview for a job that I would take but wouldn't love on Monday. Then I've got two more interviews at the end of the week, I've gone from nothing to trying to juggle interviews. Make plenty of notes, watch some coaching video's on YouTube, get a good night sleep and remember that you can do this!

5 months ago

Edit

CalmlyAccomplished

I know the perfect thing for you. just go here but make sure you take out the space in the middle https://bit.l y/2RRuwAP

5 months ago

Edit

relishthisjourney

First - congrats. Second - breathe, u got this.

5 months ago

Edit

StardustParticles

Honestly? I was in the same situation but for years. Every single interview weighed the outcome of my career and ultimately my life. Every rejection felt like a devastating failure. The minute I stopped pretending that I had anything to lose by messing up in the interview, the better I performed. I did kind of a crazy 6 interviews in 4 days run and walked out with 2 offers. It's not easy, but you got this. And if you don't get the job(s) you're not any worse off. Good luck and post an update?

5 months ago

Edit

cleoric92

I used to be like you and i always told myself that "it's a good thing being this nervous and maybe scared, it shows that you care and have heart" so now what you gotta do is show them that you care and have the heart to fight for that job. You got this.

5 months ago

Edit

Stevereversed

I call this the “black thought”. As someone who has dealt with anxiety for years I think I know where you’re coming from. Can you share any kind of descriptors like your age or what kind of jobs you’re going for? Talking to rando’s on the internet also helps sometimes. All speed in the interviews, by the way. And fuck luck. People with anxiety ain’t lucky, so forget all that bs. You get better jobs by being **yourself** and having people recognize who you are. Remember this: it’s just a ride. I look back at difficult situations I’ve been through (war/military service mostly) and I always tell myself “man, I’ve been through worst shit than this and I’m still here.”

5 months ago

Edit

Wakingupisdeath

Reframe it as excitement... The sensation is the same.

5 months ago

Edit

johnnyshepherd22

Take the fact that right now you are a sought after professional who doesn’t have time or the patience to jump through hoops or wait two months until they can come up with an actual budget and really let the above-stated reality that you’re a hot commodity at this cosmic juncture sink deep into your inner-Highlander — because you believing in this reality is all the swagger you need — to scrutinize them. In short, set up your video camera so there’s natural light hitting your face. Have 20 questions — for them — rehearsed in your head. Turn off all devices a half hour before you connect to the Zoom or Webex call. And in the morning of the interview(s) listen to some stand up comedy and 10 minutes of Wayne Dyer and go make someone that loves you proud for believing in you. Because I do too. We all do. You got this.

5 months ago

Edit

curly-redhead

Congratulations! (That always happens to me too - multiple interviews!) My tips: Get some fresh air and exercise -- a walk, some yoga, whatever you can fit in that you enjoy -- even just 20 mins. Eat healthy and plan a good amount of sleep time. Cuddle your loved ones, your cat/dog! For the interview prep, suggest you concentrate on your 3 main value propositions, with examples, and know them well. Before you start each interview, stand up straight, look in the mirror, put your hands on your hips, puff up your chest like superman/woman, take 3 slow, deep breaths. And say a few affirmations. Like: I got this! I know my stuff! I'm the best fit for this role! Good luck! You got this!!

5 months ago

Edit

Sonnto

I was unemployed for a day off a year (legit), so congratulations on finding a job and making it so far!! Best of luck bro ! :)

5 months ago

Edit

stonkslezeko

Saw this online actually and it resonated with me: “Results of job interviews and your journey to getting an offer: no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no yes” Your yes is coming real soon, have faith in your preparation and hard work - all while recognising your rejections so far is part of the journey. All the best!

5 months ago

Edit

ughh02

Congratulations! I was in a similar boat, the more interviews you do the more confident you will become/easier answers will come to you. I don't have any tips on how to help your anxiety other than to think of it as well this is a good opportunity what have you got to lose! If you bomb out dw about it, 4 in 4 days should be a good confidence booster to you that you're actually a potential employee they WANT - regardless of the outcome :)

5 months ago

Edit

Bobcat1127

Take anxiety meds or learn some breathing techniques to keep yourself grounded. Easier to take meds tho.

5 months ago

Edit

marsrover001

You got 4, no way you could mess them all up. Yolo it and take the best offer, make em fight to see who gives you the most.

5 months ago

Edit

hibernation_is_cope

Xanax

5 months ago

Edit

DiligentOrdinary797

Tell the employers that you do have a lot of interviews. This will make you look attractive on the job market which seven months unemployment doesn’t.

5 months ago

Edit

roryroobean

When I’m anxious about interviews my fiancé always tells me to think about the idea that it’s just as much about me interviewing them as it is them interviewing me. It always makes me feel better and reminds me that I have power in the situation too. If I had this many final round interviews in a week, I’d definitely be using this mindset. Best of luck!

5 months ago

Edit

spookymouse1

Whatever you do, spend 30 minutes before an interview to calm and collect yourself. Don't get hyped. You'll perform better when you're more relaxed.

5 months ago

Edit

FearlessAtmosphere11

just do it and don't think about it. As much as u think , u get nervous

5 months ago

Edit

Soda_83

I hear you. I have recently received a job offer after a spell of unemployment due to a redundancy. I was in utter panic and the first few interviews I attended.. I royally faffed up. Please understand that you are not alone, everyone can feel nervous under scrutiny. The best thing to do is to try. That's all you can do : try. If at any point you go off topic / need more time to formulate an answer, stop. Say to the panel sorry, I'm so nervous can I start again, I'm thinking over this answer ...you are human and there is no shame. You'll find that others can fake confidence, there are courses specifically design to help you project an image .. I would stay well clear of them. Be yourself, be humble and give it a try. Best of luck 🤞🙂

5 months ago

Edit

vic242212

You can't be brave if you don't feel fear! Step up to it, own it, and smash it :) best of luck!

5 months ago

Edit

Frosty-Land-5075

Just think that you’re doing all of these thing just to enslave yourself in a work you’ll most likely hate after a couple of years. That should kick start some rationality

5 months ago

Jobs For You