If you are unprepared, this can be a question that really throws people off in an interview. However with a little bit of preparation, this question should transform into an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality and stand out from the rest!
The Sales Associate is responsible for generating sales through exhibiting passion for product, brands, fashion and trends with all customers. The Sales Associate is also responsible for executing initiatives and tasks as assigned by the leadership team. Overall, the Sales Associate is expected to work as a positive member of the store team and consistently provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Delivers an engaging, positive and authentic customer experience with all customers
- Focuses on full-price selling while maintaining awareness of product value and promotions
- Handles customer situations in compliance with policy and procedures, attempts to “solve for yes“ and partners with the leadership when dealing with escalated issues
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Executes all visual directives and maintains visual standards set by the company and as directed by the management team
- Supports high standards of organization and cleanliness, promoting safe working and shopping environment to maximize the customer experience
- Upholds and complies with all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, Code of Business Conduct, Employee Policy Guide and the Safety Program
- Complies with all Loss Prevention policies, and communicates violations directly to the leadership team or via the Silent Witness Hotline
- Shares feedback from customers with the leadership team to improve the overall customer experience
- Actively participates in all company and store contests and events
- Stays current on all financial goals and priorities
- Support the leadership team in achieving all sales and operational goals
- Supports and executes all digital sales strategies including ship from store and BOPIS within the store
- Reflects the PacSun brand by demonstrating passion and affinity for product, brands, fashion and trends
- Contributes to positive working environment by consistently exhibiting core value behaviors
- Maintains and drives the companys fashion image by adhering to the Employee Appearance Guidelines
- Demonstrates willingness, aptitude, and initiative to learn what is unknown about product, brands, fashion and trends
- Strives to improve individual performance while working as a productive member of the team
- Passion for product, brands, fashion and trends
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in math and possesses strong computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- The associate must frequently sit/stand for long periods of time and climb ladders as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach, twist or squat.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office areas.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel may be required SM and above roles only.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. As a National Retailer, flexibility with work schedule (able to work weekends, nights, peak holiday periods) is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.