If you are unprepared, this can be a question that really throws people off in an interview. However with a little bit of preparation, this question should transform into an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality and stand out from the rest!
Naylor Association Solutions is a dynamic, industry-leading organization dedicated to building stronger associations by delivering a combination of member engagement and revenue-generating solutions. Our integrated solutions span all major functional areas, including publishing and communications, trade shows and events, software and web development solutions, e-learning solutions, and association advising services.
Naylor is actively seeing great Sales Reps, with consultative experience, to join our growing team of highly talented individuals! This position is responsible for effectively selling advertising and recruitment solutions associated with Naylor’s products and services, which include all print publications, digital (O&O and 3rd party), sponsorships, events (live and virtual) and online job postings. The Sales Representative is responsible for achieving a monthly, quarterly and annual sales/revenue budget by maximizing each Association project(s) assigned to him/her by their Sales Manager(s), growing existing customers and developing new business prospects. Sales Reps must work well independently toward personal goals, as well as effectively in a team. Success in this position is measured by achieving their assigned revenue budgets and growing annual revenues year over year (YOY). Sales Reps are expected to achieve new business targets, renew + grow existing clients, achieve digital targets and super serve their customers.
- Sells advertising on assigned projects (print, digital, event, careers) and meets assigned sales targets
- Develops new sales and/or renews previous advertising contracts, depending on assigned territory
- Establish meaningful relationships with customers (Advertisers, Sponsors, Businesses)
- Respond to clients within 12-hours. External and internal
- Achieve or exceed project performance revenue goals
- Ensures all sales presentations are made in a manner consistent with sales training, with care taken to be professional, honest and within sales policy guidelines
- Provides rate information, media kits and other relevant information to prospective clients to aid in their decision
- Develops advertising leads for ad sales by using a variety of lead sources including the Internet, publication library, etc., and records leads in CRM system
- Gains in-depth knowledge about assigned industries, associations and the purpose of assigned publications. Uses the Internet, company marketing and research materials and other resources to increase effectiveness of sales presentations
- Ensures accuracy, timeliness, and quality of all advertising copy, reports and records
- Ensure accuracy of CRM system including detailed notes
- Hit weekly sales activity targets
- Contact Key Accts 1x per week. Contact all other Accts 1x per month
- Participates in mandatory sales meeting and team gatherings
- Embrace and commit to professional growth plans as defined by your Sales Manager
- Embrace and utilize company technology
- Other responsibilities may be assigned
- A minimum of three (3) years of stable, full-time work history, preferably in an inside sales or ad sales role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Track record or developing new business and growing existing accounts
- Handles problem ads in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong writing skills, used primarily in formal email communications
- Must be able to research industries for understanding of association marketplace and research for prospective clients that would be appropriate advertisers within an industry
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 or similar type of programs to include word processing and spreadsheet capabilities
- Ability to use the internet and the ability to learn new software programs and systems
- Ability to adhere to and embrace Naylor’s operating values (including operating with honesty and integrity, respect for others and spirit of teamwork
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have access to reliable WI-FI
Naylor Association Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.