If you are unprepared, this can be a question that really throws people off in an interview. However with a little bit of preparation, this question should transform into an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality and stand out from the rest!
Loudoun County Public Schools is looking for passionate individuals who have knowledge to share.
Be a part of our adult education team. We are looking for qualified individuals who want to give back to the community. From new applicants to retired teachers, we are looking for instructors to teach job skills, arts & crafts, music, other. Inspire others to start another career, teach English to people from around the world and/or share your hobby, passion, and interests with others.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Continually assess student achievement and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes
- Develop syllabi, goals and objectives for effective instruction, integrate contextual teaching and learning into daily instruction
- Plan and implement appropriate instructional and/or learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level of materials, provide appropriate learning experiences, manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement, and utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning
- Manage the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, and assist and participate in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site
- Coordinate instructional activities with other professional staff, both school and non-school-based, as required, to maximize learning opportunities
- Continually communicate with students on instructional expectations to keep them informed of their progress in meeting those expectations.
- In depth knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned; knowledge of Adult Learning Theory
- Knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization
- Skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators,
- Skill in oral and written communications
- Excellent human relations skills.
- English Language Learner Instructors, GED Instructors and Adult High School Instructors must have a Virginia Teaching License. Enrichment Instructors must have a degree and/or teaching experience in the subject area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, drive and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
Banded Rate, Band 12
This is a part-time, non-benefited, hourly position. No guarantee of minimum hours.
Reports to Supervisor, Adult Education.