If you are unprepared, this can be a question that really throws people off in an interview. However with a little bit of preparation, this question should transform into an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality and stand out from the rest!
This job is no longer accepting applications
Marcos Pizza store crews are like families. To maintain that environment, we hire new Teammates for their values, character, and attitude, and then train the skills they need to become a productive and highly engaged member of the family. Why do we place such high importance on values and character? Because our culture of accountability and operational excellence demands it. At Marcos Pizza, we expect each member of the team to habitually See It, Own It, Solve It, and Do It!
Our Insiders (Pizza Makers) are the key to making the premium quality pizzas, subs, CheezyBread, etc that Marcos Pizza is known for and that our Guests expect. Insiders work multiple stations within our stores, from Dough Stretching, to Saucing and Cheesing, to the Cut Table, and even the cash registers and phones, where they directly interact with our valued Guests. Friendliness, persistent smiling, and loving what they do are critical qualities of Marcos Pizza Insiders.
If being part of this kind of a values-based, close-knit family environment interests you, then continue reading and consider applying for an "Insider" (Pizza Maker) position within the Marcos Pizza family.
Insider Job Requirements
Successful applicants must be knowledgeable in the concepts of:
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Pride (in both self and team)
- Hospitality, and what it means to delight Guests
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Integrity, Trust, and Honor
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic that showcases personal responsibility, accountability, hospitality, self-motivation, initiative, integrity, and moral behavior
- The ability to work as part of a purpose-driven, highly engaged team dedicated to providing Marcos Pizza Guests with a Five-Star Experience
- Pride in personal appearance, pride in the team, and pride in its products and service
- Sincerity in providing Guest Delight
- The ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Basic mathematical skills, which include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- The ability to tactfully and effectively communicate with supervisors, Team Mates, and Guests, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to effectively work in often high tempo, stressful environments demanding attention to detail
Successful applicants must possess the following attributes:
- Enjoys serving Guests at a Five-Star level of service and hospitality
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Tact, courtesy, and respectfulness
- Consistently gives total effort and demonstrates initiative
- Comfortable with using technology and restaurant equipment
- Safety consciousness and a willingness to stop unsafe acts
- Handles high operational tempos and stress in a professional and courteous way
- Aligns personal actions and attitudes to support the Marcos Pizza team and to delight our Guests
- Must be able to adopt the Marcos Cultural Beliefs and then consistently demonstrate them