ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower-carbon energy economy to preserve the worlds natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
While under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, an Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technician I perform installations, maintenance repairs, overhauls, calibrations, troubleshooting and testing of the various types of Instrumentation, Controls and electrical equipment related to steam, and electrical generation for Howard University Power Plant. This person will also provide pertinent information and logs concerning repairs, tests, and modifications, and performs related duties as assigned.
What youll do:
- Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with established Company policies
- Troubleshoots and analyzes High/Medium Voltage electrical equipment and system problems and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies
- Troubleshoots and analyzes instrument, control and metering problems and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment in customer and company facilities
- Effects electrical maintenance in accordance with all local and national codes
- Identify, report and/or correct issues that would create an unsafe work environment
- Works to logic diagrams, electrical and mechanical drawings and sketches, and other written instructions
- Completes preventive, corrective maintenance and scheduled maintenance; and improves the operation of systems, instruments, controls, and metering and electrical equipment installed in plants and in customer facilities
- Provides technical support to the operation team for Company installations especially those which include state-of-the-art controls, combustion turbines, heat recovery boilers, and high-voltage electrical generation and distribution systems
- Overhauls and calibrates customer flow metering equipment
- Advises Supervisor when work is beyond Companys capability to correct and recommends the need for outside assistance of vendors, engineering contractors, and consultants as necessary
- Maintains records and files of readings and data taken during overhauls and preventive maintenance
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE North America staff
- Complies with all ENGIE North America policies and procedures
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent required.
- An Accredited formalized education in Electrical Technology or related fields required
- Minimum Three (3) years experience in the calibration, repair and maintenance of utility, industrial and commercial instrumentation, electrical equipment, and controls with a thorough understanding of the principles of control theory
- Experience in industrial power plant controls and instrumentation
- Competent with High/Medium voltage systems and equipment preferred
- Knowledgeable of plant systems and boiler controls preferred
- Ability to analyze electrical/electronic circuits, perform electrical/electronic testing
- Must be able to support on-call schedule while working in a team environment, exhibit a positive attitude, understand, and follow safety procedures, demonstrate effective communication skills (oral & written) and show initiative towards work.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and must be insurable under the company auto insurance program
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks, and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting; feeling; talking and hearing
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small, enclosed areas, pipes and the like) as required
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses etc
- Ability to meet the highest attendance requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) when communicating with customers and colleagues
- Ability to work on achieving and potentially exceeding targets as a team
- For this position, you must have evidence of the right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role
- Must possess a valid U.S. drivers license and a clean driving record
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIEs policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- Ability to work in hot or cold temperatures, dusty and noisy conditions, confined spaces, on elevated platforms, ladders, and around rotating equipment
- Work to include on-site in industrial power plant, and around Campus buildings.
- Office work to fill calibration reports, update wiring schematics and update inventory
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the needed assistance to perform the essential functions
ENGIE North America isnt just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, were leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is renewable, efficient, and accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. ENGIE is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, and we are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Salary Range:
$56,270 - 140,010 annually
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus/incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match
- More information can be found here:
Discover our employee benefits
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@. This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
GBU Energy Solutions
ENGIE North America Inc.
High School Diploma/GED/A Levels