Client is seeking a mid-level Technical Writer with a great work ethic. The selected candidate must be willing to learn. He/she will help us with proposal development efforts, including information gathering, coordinating, communicating, writing, editing formatting, and print production support. You will collaborate with Clients professionals to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the teams overall solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, win themes, and discriminators.
- Researches and collaborates on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections
- Translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text
- Rewrites and reviews proposal sections and related proposal documents.
- Substantially contribute to proposal content in a technical writer role
- Performs desktop publishing, formatting, copy editing, and proofreading of all content across both large and small proposal efforts
- Coordinates information flow between multiple contributors including tracking action items, managing proposal calendar, taking notes in partner meetings, and maintaining/updating CMS
- ssists with the completion of a high-quality, on-time proposal response
- Develops, updates, and maintains proposal information and proposal-related repositories for information that includes resumes, past performance, contracts data, and technical and management plans
- Must have 4 - 5 years of technical experience
- Bachelors degree or recent graduate in a related field such as business, communications, marketing, English, or history (Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally
- bility to surge work schedule to meet proposal schedule demands
- Excellent writing skills including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to adhere to proposal development, review, and production schedules through strong time management
- The ability to understand, use, and modify common Proposal Management templates and tools to include proposal outlines, proposal schedules, past performance citations, color team reviews, review briefs, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, with advanced Microsoft Word skills strongly desired (eg, document formatting, table manipulation, line spacing, header numbering through Word styles, etc.). Advanced Excel skills to track business development pipelines and action items.
- bility to work in a dynamic team environment with a variety of personnel and organizations
- Must have strong commitment and a great work ethic