OPEN POSTING DATE:
07/26/2023 POSTING NUMBER:
Student Services POSITION TITLE:
This position is an Hourly position located with the Office of Student Services.
- Extensive knowledge of psychological instruments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a multi-ethnic population.
- Must have effective writing skills.
- Good knowledge of Office of Student Services functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet monitor and meet deadlines.
- Technology skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to work effectively with staff and parents from various cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the resources and programs of the Arlington Public Schools and the local community.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws (eg, IDEA, Section 504).
- Experience working as a School Psychologist.
- Experience working directly with students Pre-K -- 12.
- Counseling experience.
- Experience with program planning for students and families.
- Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure.
- Licensure as a school psychologist.
- Knowledge of Special Education laws of Virginia.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Dual endorsement in English as a Second Language and/or Special Education, or in any other content area, is preferred but not required
Salary will be based on the FY2023-24 salary schedule. Hourly rate is $47.73