The Goddard School of Bethesda is looking for an energetic, warm, and engaging Music Teacher.
A Music Teacher at The Goddard School is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment. Additionally, the Music Teacher is responsible to work together with classroom Teachers in conjunction with the entire faculty.
This may be a Part Time Music Teaching only position, or a Full Time Music and Early Childhood teacher.
- Meeting the individual needs of the children by interacting with the children to support play, exploration, and through music.
- Assess supplies and materials needed to implement activities
- Build teamwork
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff.
- Creating a positive, fun, interactive learning environment in their classroom where children develop a lifelong love of learning.
- Develop weekly lesson plans for each age level.
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level.
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
- Ensure compliance with Goddard’s Quality Assurance Standards.
- Manage classrooms according to GSI QA Standards
- Support a code of ethical conduct
- Pursue professional development/continuing education
- Attend faculty meetings, in-service days, conferences and professional growth opportunities
All candidates, who wish to be considered for the position of Music Teacher must meet one or more of the following criteria, in addition to any/all requirements that may be mandated by their state and/or local licensing authorities:
- An Associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or a related field preferred.
- A current CDA or Early Childhood Teaching Credential.
- Proof of current and active enrollment in an accredited Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- An Associate’s degree or higher in a Music related field
- All foreign degrees MUST be converted to U.S. credits.
- All foreign courses and/or credit hours must be converted to U.S. standards.
A Music Language Teacher must meet the qualifications of his/her state and those set forth in the National Standards for hiring (see ), including the following:
- Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
- Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
- Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies