Niyam IT prides itself on being a small, close-knit team of experts. Around here, you have the freedom to work how you want, with opportunities to offer new ideas, expand your skillset and make your mark on the IT industry.
We are a growing organization, recently ranked by Inc. Magazine on their 2020 Inc. 5000 list. We are looking for talented professionals to rise to the challenge, enhance skills, and work with smart minds. Come join our team and grow with us!
We offer 100% company paid health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, as well as free short-term and long-term disability for our employees. We provide competitive compensation and a great place to work where our team environment thrives.
Niyam is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join our team in support of our work our Business Development Department in the government contracting space. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. This position is remote, but may require occasional onsite meetings in the Fairfax, VA area. This position works closely with our business development team, project managers, subject matter experts, and other key stakeholders to develop high-quality proposals that meet the requirements of government solicitations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and gather information from technical staff and subject matter experts to develop proposals that meet government requirements and address the needs of the client.
- Analyze government solicitation documents to understand requirements and develop proposal outlines and compliance matrices.
- Write and edit proposal content, including executive summaries, technical approach sections, management plans, staffing plans, and other sections as required.
- Develop graphics, charts, and other visual aids to support proposal content.
- Ensure proposals are compliant with government solicitation requirements and that all necessary forms and documents are included.
- Participate in proposal review and editing processes to ensure proposals are of the highest quality and accuracy.
- Coordinate with project managers and business development team to ensure proposals are submitted on time and in accordance with government guidelines.
- Maintain a library of proposal templates and other documentation to support proposal development efforts.
- Participates in bid and proposal activities to deliver compelling and compliant proposals
- Maintains on-going interactions with all stakeholders that provide input to vendor selection for program procurements
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing and editing proposals in the government contracting space, specifically related to IT services.
- Knowledge of government procurement regulations and guidelines, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and other agency-specific regulations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen attention to detail and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Experience developing technical content for proposals related to IT services.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts and other stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of foundational technical concepts required for software development, system implementation, data management, and analytics engagements
- Dynamic, personable, and self-motivated personality
- Conceptual, quantitative, organizational, research, written and verbal communication, sound judgment, problem solving, and independent working skills
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills to work with individuals and organizations, to include varying levels and types
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Established experience with writing government contracts
- Proven track record winning professional technology services contracts
Niyam IT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, age, citizenship status, veteran or military status, medical condition, genetic information, national origin, disability, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.