Under the direction of the Service Maintenance Manager, the Service Technician III is responsible for promptly responding to all service requests, apartment turnover preparation and the preservation and maintenance of the property. This Lead Tech role will have a high degree of building trades skills and work independently to handle a variety of apartment interior, exterior and the site grounds. The Service Technician III is vital to the successful maintenance of the property, through excellent customer service focus and a positive and productive relationship with other team members.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Diagnose and perform repairs for appliances, carpentry, hardware accessories, masonry, painting, as well as basic electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
- Respond and complete to all service requests and on-call emergencies in a timely and professional manner, as directed by the Community Manager or Service Manager
- Complete or monitor vendor preventive maintenance task completion for building systems, equipment and components.
- Prepare and perform repairs to vacant apartments to be ready for new resident move-ins
- Maintain grounds and common spaces through cleaning, trash management, landscaping, and snow removal.
- Prepare and make repairs for REAC/HQS inspections and audits.
- Maintain Maintenance shop and inventory to company standards and work with a safety mindset including wearing appropriate PPE
- Available for weekend work, on-call rotation and emergency service call duties.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with providing technical guidance to Maintenance Tech I and II
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with contractor/vendor management
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English, bilingual skills a plus!
- Basic skills with computer and hand held devices
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus.
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
Education & Experience
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights and ceiling fans.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across sites.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
BenefitsThe Community Builders is committed to diversity in its workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Trade school or 5 years of progressive responsibility in property management or hospitality. Experience in diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced hands-on repair experience in three or more building trades
- REAC/HQS experience preferred
- Industry-Trade certifications/Degrees (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA, HVAC, ETC) preferred