Responsible for the internal or customer administration, maintenance, and management of capacity resources for computers at the operating system and infrastructure level. Builds, configures, troubleshoots and integrates new and existing servers to provide service enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Recommends software and hardware enhancements, diagnoses and corrects issues, and defines and implements new services with the goal of achieving maximum server uptime and availability for the customers. Responsible for monitoring performance, system usage. Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems and disk configurations. Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 4-6 years of experience with Red Hat Linux Administration or Engineering, 2-4 years of experience with Windows Administration or Engineering
- Configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot VMWare and/or other virtualization technologies
- Experience in VM life-cycle management (snapshots)
- System configuration experience with Enterprise Identity Management tools (LDAP, IPA, Active Directory, etc.)
- Lead efforts to field changes to production systems to a schedule
- Experience with implementing STIGs
- Address and detect issues that impact projects and implement/develop courses of action (COAs) to mitigate or alleviate the impact to projects
- Experience implementing patches, scanning, remediating findings, auditing
- Support critical operations during standard and occasional non-standard working hours
- Work is 100% on-site and cannot be accomplished remotely
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (eg CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH).
- Experience with the construction and configuration of data Cloud environments such as AWS or GovCloud using government software
- System configuration experience with SANs
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST 800-53 SP families of controls, and specifically the Certificate to Field (CtF)/Change Control Board (CCB) accreditation processes.
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers
- Hardware/software requirement verification/system validation experience
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Active TS/SCI DOD security clearance w/CI Poly is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience with CM tools
- Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices
- Experience with PowerShell and Bash scripting
- Experience with Cisco switches and router configuration
- Bachelors Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Top Secret / SCI security clearance required.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 2 certification.