Position: Networking Cabling Technician
Location: CUNOS / OCUNOS
Active Top-Scrent Clearance
Network Cabling Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network cabling systems in various environments. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of network infrastructure, cabling standards, and industry best practices to ensure reliable and efficient connectivity.
- Install, terminate, and test network cabling, including copper and fiber optic cables.
- Follow industry standards and best practices for cable routing, labeling, and documentation.
- Collaborate with network engineers and IT teams to ensure proper installation and connectivity of network devices.
- Perform cable moves, adds, and changes as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues related to cabling infrastructure.
- Conduct cable testing and certification to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Maintain accurate documentation of cabling layouts, connections, and configurations.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and best practices during all cabling installations and maintenance activities.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and advancements in network cabling.
- Assist with inventory management of cabling materials and equipment.
- Coordinate and communicate with clients or stakeholders regarding cabling projects and timelines.
- Other tasks assigned by HgP.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
- Proven experience as a Network Cabling Technician or similar role
- Strong knowledge of network cabling standards, such as TIA/EIA, ANSI, and BICSI
- Familiarity with various network cabling components, including connectors, patch panels, jacks, and cable management systems
- Proficiency in cable testing and certification tools, such as cable analyzers and OTDRs
- Knowledge of DoS contingency computing and communications programs with an emphasis on the use of these systems in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of connectivity solutions including satellite-based systems
- Knowledge of IRM programs, functions, and requirements
- Knowledge of DoS overseas diplomatic environment including high threat locations
- Knowledge of DoS cable infrastructure deployment requirements and activities
- Knowledge of the development of complete bills of material related to the installation of technology systems in U.S. diplomatic facilities abroad
- Significant experience providing on-site technology service at U.S. diplomatic facilities abroad.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to lift and carry heavy cabling equipment and work in confined space.
It is the policy of Merit321 to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.