We revealed that 44% of job postings contain salary information - let's deep dive into the numbers
This job is no longer accepting applications
Click here to see others you might like
$153,000 - $193,500 per year
The average salary for this type of role is $137,021 per year. This role has the salary advertised above similar jobs on DirectlyApply, which means you may be able to negotiate.
Education & Experience Requirements
A current, active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, were passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the worlds greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior - Signal & Image Processing
Work is performed in a customer facility in Springfield, Virginia.
What Youll Do:
- Lead and manage ground systems software development efforts and teams.
- Set the strategy for program optimal tool utilization and software exploitation development.
- Recommend integrated ground solutions for satellite data transportation, and mission data processing.
- Support proposal development for remote sensing end to end solutions.
- Track program performance.
- Establish customer needs and develop them into Business/Technical Requirements, establishing scope budget and schedule parameters to execute projects.
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups.
- Develop contracts and support plans for Factory Support Spacecraft Engineers and Online Operations Engineers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Related experience in technology management and systems development preferred.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft operations.
- Excellent System Engineering/SEIT skills.
- Demonstrated successful system engineering of ground systems development efforts.
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage development activity.
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software Standards.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, presentation skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $153,000 - $193,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.