Advanced Technology Systems Company (ATSC) is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager in McLean, Virginia, to join our growing team!
The ideal candidate will have proven HR experience, with a thorough understanding of benefits administration and administering ATSC’s benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, life and disability plans and the qualified and non-qualified retirement plans. This position works with employees on benefits needs and manages vendors for all plans.
We are eager to find an HR Manager who easily connects with people and has an attentive mindset to manage the changing nature of the workforce. The majority of the functions performed will be to support the company with the daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly HR activities. In addition, this person will serve as the front-line human resources generalist to employees and managers with general human resources support needs.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience performing in a Government Contracting environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Experience in Govt. contract environment desired.
- Former military experience is a plus.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer the company health and welfare benefits and retirement plans. Serve as subject matter expert on plans operations facilitate effective and accurate benefits delivery in accordance with plan contracts and provisions.
- Maintain benefits enrolment and participant systems. Lead set up of enrolment and administrative rules for benefit plans in accordance with terms of the benefit plans. Perform recurring data entry to maintain and update participant records in all benefit enrolment.
- and benefit plan systems. Perform quarterly audits to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Manage Performance Management Program - by planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results, training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and overseeing employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Support Staffing and Onboarding Processes - by recruiting, preparing offer letters, collecting required documentation, initiating benefits, defining job requirements, preparing job descriptions, conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Manage Company Training and Development Programs – by creating learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees and managing tuition reimbursements according to company policy.
- Oversee Regulatory Compliance –with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Manage Corporate Policies – by enforcing management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance and provide guidance on the Service Contract Act (SCA) to employees, managers and business leaders.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating with other departments effectively and efficiently.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field or 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with all grade levels of employees and managers.
- Excellent written communication skills that include clear development of ideas, and excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Strong written editing skills to allow serving as editor of documents and communicating clearly with employees.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and implement compliance with labor laws and regulations in different states and overseas.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated creativity and independence to address work challenges.
- Flexibility to work extra hours and to attend meetings and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance,
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Work is typically performed in an office setting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Must have the ability to lift 15-25 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
ATSC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
ATSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.