United States of America - Massachusetts, Chelmsford
AECOM is seeking a highly talented Federal Contracts Manager to coordinate and review formulation and finalization of contracts as required in support of management and legal staff. This position can be based remotely from anywhere in the US, however, it is preferred to be located in the Northeast and will be required to work Eastern Time Zone hours. Ensure compliance of appropriated regulations and research and prepare analysis as required. In this role you will provide focused knowledge of Government contracting through communicating and working with internal and external clients and must display a strong Team Player attitude, including acting as both as a formal and informal mentor to junior contracts administrators on contracts and advocating for AECOMs Federal Business Services (FBS) support when working with internal clients.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of whats possible the worlds longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record s 2020 Top 200 Environmental Firms
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record s 2020 Top 500 Design Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
About DCS National Governments:
AECOMs National Governments business line has proudly partnered with government agencies for more than 100 years to deliver innovative solutions for mission success. We leverage our global defense, civilian and commercial expertise to provide comprehensive infrastructure, facilities, energy, environment, disaster resilience and civil works services for our clients most challenging projects. Our industry-leading design, planning, architecture, engineering, program management and construction management teams are laser-focused on exceptional client service and flawless executionhelping stren hen critical infrastructure for generations to come. https://aecom.com/markets/national-governments-2
This role will support the lifecycle of federal environmental contracts both in the US Northeast and in Europe/Africa/Middle East, as well as, internal project groups.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Due diligence in support of projects with new Federal Government Clients/JV's/Teaming arrangements, contract negotiation, contracts policy compliance, project audits.
- This position will also serve as the primary project interface with the Federal Government Client's contracting official where so designated.
- Must ensure adherence to the firm's signature authority policy, and facilitate approval of necessary and appropriate deviations.
- Coordinate with Corporate Audit Group and support periodic internal project audits, outside project audits by clients, and federal and state agency audits.
- The Federal Contracts Manager will respond to project/federal government client directives and requests involving financial information, contract compliance, cost proposals, project audit, project accounting, insurance, and other administrative issues.
- Ability to manage and support multiple contract types (CPAF, CPFF, FFP, T&M, & others) and task orders concurrently and respond to project/client directives and requests
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, develop the negotiation strategy and plan/lead, where appropriate, conduct contract negotiations with the Federal Government Client and Prime Contractors when in the Subcontractor position.
- On Federal projects, will participate in strategic pricing planning and participate in technical proposal preparation in compliance with the RFP requirements and other firm policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate must have solid understanding of risk management, assessment, and planning as well as possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, love challenges and details, be resourceful, and have great organizational and time management skills. This position requires knowledge of federal contracting, bidding, source selection, and procurement regulations and laws; experience with audit standards and federal cost principles; knowledge of disclosure statements, direct and indirect rate development and application; outstanding communication and negotiation skills; and business management skills.
- BA/BS + eight (8) or more years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship is required
- 10 years of experience in federal contracting, bidding, source selection, and procurement regulations and laws.
- Familiarity with federal environmental programs such as with the EPA
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, other FAR supplements, as well as the Uniform Commercial Code with the ability to independently research regulatory issues, understand their application and consequences to our business
- Experience working with Federal construction, design, and facility renovation contracts.
- Knowledge of Performance Based and Energy Savings Performance Contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management, assessment, and planning as well as possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, love challenges and details, be resourceful, and have great organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and provide good customer service to internal/external clients.
- Understanding of the general role and required interface with DCMA and DCAA.
- Team Player attitude, including acting as both as a formal and informal mentor to junior contracts managers on contracts and advocating for AECOMs Federal Business Services (FBS) support when working with internal clients.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and business management skills.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude that will thrive in a management structure where high standards of productivity, quality of work, and effectiveness are maintained
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to make amazing happen in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours.
Job Category Commercial Management / Contract Management
Business Line Geography OH
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 251499BR
Additional Locations US - Arlin on, VA - 3101 Wilson Blvd, US - Baltimore, MD - 7 Saint Paul St, US - Germantown, MD - 12420 Milestone Center Drive, US - Hunt Valley, MD - 4 North Park Drive, US - New York, NY - 100 Park Ave, US - Newark, DE - Iron Hill Corporate Center, US - Philadelphia, PA - 1700 Market St, US - Portland, ME - Two City Center, US - Providence, RI, US - Rocky Hill, CT - 500 Enterprise Dr, US - WASHINGTON, DC - 2000 K Street, NW
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Federal Contracts Managers are earning in Maryland.