Amazon Grocery Fresh - Immediate Hire
7 days ago
3 people have applied
Amazon Grocery Fresh Associate
Youll be part of the Amazon grocery team that supports one of Amazons busiest services: online grocery orders. Its similar to a shopper role, except that youll be working in a grocery warehouse, but its not like our other bigger buildings, its more like the size of a grocery store. Amazon Fresh offers customers everything from cereal to ice cream to fresh flowers, so youll be preparing orders for customers, working in different environments including refrigerated and freezer spaces for part of your shift. It can be cold, but well provide you with the right gear to stay warm!Duties & Responsibilities
- Some of your duties may include:
- Prepare grocery orders for delivery
- Use technology like computers, smartphones, manage apps, and scan bar codes
- Intake new grocery inventory and put away
- Check for order quality
- Rotate tasks throughout the week
- Youll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Work in temperatures as low as -10F and up to 90F for extended periods
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Handle a variety of products you can buy on Amazon Fresh including meat and alcohol
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. Youll be working around moving machines order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Youll work in refrigerated and freezer spaces (as low as -10F) for up to two hours of your shift, with short breaks every 30 minutes. Youll be provided with proper safety gear and training.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends and with Anytime Shifts, you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition reimbursement options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, youll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology.
- Free training. Well teach you how to drive power industrial trucks and how to work with the latest technology.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
- Competitive wage paid weekly
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Holiday pay opportunities
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.
Many of our jobs come with great benefits including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement all in a safe and inclusive environment thats been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
How To Get Started
You can begin by applying below. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/.
Equal parental leave
Paid time off
Want a list of Gig jobs just for you on your phone?
Enter your phone number below and we will send you a SMS with a list of roles suited just for you.