Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and grown.
Avantus services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project & Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment, Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis, Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions, Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
We are looking for a motivated senior software engineer to join our talented team and deliver software solutions that drive mission.
- Designs and codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools
- Maintains and modifies existing software applications.
- Analyzes detailed systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, software requirements, and alternative methods of problem resolution.
- Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
- Participates in code reviews to represent reviewed work for adherence to standards and specifications.
- Writes or revises program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in accordance with standards.
- Expertise at configuring AWS/C2S Cloud environments following best practices.
- Assembles and integrate cloud operating platforms using open source & partner tools.
- Integrate infrastructure builds with continuous code deployment processes.
- Builds automated deployments using configuration management playbooks and recipes.
- Ensures the performance, reliability, security and ease of maintenance for deployments.
- Full lifecycle application development experience
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, ASG, RDS, DynamoDB or EMR
- Extensive knowledge of RESTful patterns
- Experience with unit testing, code reviews, merge requests, and continuous integration
- Experience with DevOps/CI tools such as Git Hub, CloudFormation or Jenkins
- Jenkins plug-ins, configuration management and AMI builders
- TS/SCI clearance with Poly required #AvantusClearedJob
- UI Development Experience
- Exposure to Agile/SCRUM methodologies, iterative development
- Experience with both the operation of and interfacing withsearch engines such as Solr/Elasticsearch
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Senior Software Engineers are earning in Virginia.