BAE Systems is seeking a full-time junior level Systems Engineer to join the Interface Coordination team working on the US and UK TRIDENT Submarine Strategic Weapon System and US Attack Weapon System programs. Our primary function is to ensure the correct definition and Coordination of weapon systems interface requirements. To accomplish this, you will work as part of a larger BAE Systems interdisciplinary team supporting Strategic Systems Programs, as well as subsystem contractors and various government activities.
The selected candidate will participate in all aspects of the requirements change management process: receipt and review of change requests; development and distribution of change documentation; resolution of comments against change documentation; and distribution of updated requirements documents. Status tracking and reporting will also be conducted, in addition to occasional presenting of technical change content.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Understanding of basic engineering principles
- Understanding of Systems Engineering principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated Self-Starter
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active DoD security clearance, or have held a clearance within the last two years
- Degree in Systems Engineering with Electrical Engineering focus
- Experience with technical presentations and customer-facing activities
- Understanding of detailed engineering principles
- Knowledge of DoD engineering disciplines
- Experience with engineering change/configuration management processes
- Understanding of/experience with Interface Control/Design Drawings
- Understanding of/experience with Product Lifecyle Management (PLM)
- Experience with various engineering tools/languages including: PTC Windchill, IBM Rational DOORS, 2D/3D CAD, SysML, JAVA and/or MATLAB Simulink
- Experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE)
- Familiarity with Functional, Programmatic, and Technical Management knowledge areas
Systems Engineer - Electrical Focus
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Systems Engineer Electrical Focus are earning in Maryland.