Product Manager, Cybersecurity Products with Security Clearance
a month ago
3 people have applied
The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing.
This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products.
It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager is expected to:
* Define the product strategy and roadmap
* Strong cybersecurity and/or cross domain knowledge preferred
* Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
* Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
* Be an expert with respect to the competition
* Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
* Perform product demos to customers
* Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
* Develop sales tools and collateral
* Propose an overall budget to ensure success
* Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings
* Brief press and analysts and go on press tours
* Act as a leader within the company
* Managing existing and developing new Reseller agreements
* Assist with answering proposals and RFIs
* Identifying and developing partner relationships for the product.
* Serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
* Work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
* Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
* Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
* Build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and trainingemployees.
* Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising jobresults.
* Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
* Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product salesstrategies.
* Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales callresults.
* Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members Required Education, Experience, & Skills* Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Product Manager, Program Manager, or Product Marketing Manager
* Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's degree
* Technical background, with experience in cybersecurity solutions
* Excellent teamwork skills
Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
* Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
* Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in cross domain solutions, software development, and web technologies About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems.
Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions.
As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale.
At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics.
Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world.
Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space.
At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table.
For us, differences are a source of stren h.
We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive.
Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Report this Job
Want a list of Gig jobs just for you on your phone?
Enter your phone number below and we will send you a SMS with a list of roles suited just for you.