Battelle delivers when others cant. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clientswhether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Engineer Intern for Summer 2022 . This position is in Chantilly, VA . Come in for an interview to find out why Battelle is right for you.
Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the toughest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball we always have a good time.
Battelle is committed to its employees professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
- Collaborate with the Cyber Innovations Team to improve reverse engineering and embedded system development capabilities, integrating hardware, software, and reverse engineering tasks
- Support the latest Cyber Innovation Units research and development programs
- Learn and improve your reverse engineering skills through project and team building activities
- Conduct and / or participate in assigned technical tasks and activities with minimum supervision and within time and budget constraints.
- Work independently and effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment; Effectively communicate ideas with other engineers; and work with minimal supervision
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Current enrollment in an Associate or Bachelor degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any other related field of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) and at least 1-year of college level coursework completed
- Experience writing or debugging software code in C or C++ or debugging microcontroller code (C or C++)
- Interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Network Security Systems, Information Operations, Information Assurance, and/or Cryptography
- Computer Network Defense (CND), Computer Network Operations, Information Operations, and/or Cyber Operations
- Digital design and microcontrollers and/or Cryptography
- Integrated circuit design and encryption system
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Ability to apply learned cyber skills to real life scenarios (internships, hack-a-thons, cyber security clubs, CTFs, etc.)
- Familiarity with disassemblers
- Experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Computer assembly languages x86, x64, PowerPC, etc.
- High level software languages such as Java, C#, or Python
- Software disassembler tools such as IDA pro.
- Low level debug tools such as OllyDbg, WinDbg, or Immunity Debugger
- Microcontroller design and assembly languages
- Traditional electronics lab equipment supporting test and debug activities
- Reverse engineering embedded hardware and software
- Analyzing disassembled code
- Programming and using data acquisition tools
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelles competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Cyber Engineer Intern Summer 2022 s are earning in Virginia.