Technical Support Specialist (5987)
Career Opportunities: Technical Support Specialist (5987)
Requisition ID 5987 - Posted - US Product Support & Service - Surgical - US - St. Louis (Tree Court) - City (392)
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, Bausch Health products are used by over 150 million people around the world.
Our approximately 21,000 employees are united around our mission of improving peoples lives with our health care products, and we manufacture and market health care products directly or indirectly in approximately 100 countries.
Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
BUSINESS UNIT / FUNCTION
STTRC: St. Louis, MO Tree Court
PURPOSE OF JOB
This position is responsible for technical service aspects of Bausch + Lomb cataract/vitreo-retinal products including new product development and ongoing product support.
Technical aspects include, but are not limited to, development of technical service documentation, service training material, equipment trouble shooting, resolving product issues and data/ trend analysis.
- Provide support for Sr. Technical Service Engineers for product design and development teams for new product development, product enhancements, and product changes. Interface with Design and Research, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Manufacturing representatives as necessary.
- Interface with internal Sr. Technical Service Engineers and Technical Depot Repair operations team for product performance issues, repair issues, and tooling requirements.
- Perform equipment testing and troubleshooting. Create and provide reports to Sr. Engineers and/or management.
- Develop technical training material for the Bausch + Lomb cataract/ vitreo-retinal product line.
- Develop and deliver technical documentation including field service notes and bulletins for the Bausch + Lomb cataract/ vitreo-retinal products to the domestic and international service organization.
- Write and update Standard Operating Procedures where needed, initiate approval processes, provide procedure training where applicable and distribute to the domestic and international service organization.
- Provide support as necessary for the development and administration of the applicable service reporting tool(s). Review and analyze service reports to monitor and provide expertise in areas of improvement.
- Coordinate with Sr. Technical Service Engineers and Service Operations and provide technical needs analysis for service parts. Work with service operations representative on inventory level, parts handling, packaging, returns and PO advice.
- Maintain department assets and equipment and coordinate with Sr. Technical Service Engineers and Service Operations for special tooling needs and calibration of equipment.
- Develop a thorough command of the ophthalmic industry terminology, procedures, and technology as needed to provide support on products manufactured and distributed by B+L and for B+Ls customers.
- In addition to the listed duties, the incumbent is normally expected to perform other similar related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISE DIRECT REPORTS
(yes or no)
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for technical service aspects of Bausch + Lomb cataract/vitreo-retinal products including new product development and ongoing product support that impact the U.S. and rest of world markets.
Business Partners - B+L Service Organization (internal support, field service personnel, and depot service personnel) and manufacturer support functions such as Design and Research, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Procurement.
Bachelors degree in Engineering
Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering (Mechanical Engineering would be considered)
Strong analytical, electro-mechanical, technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
Preferred Skills Qualifications:
Excellent organizational and time management abilities
At least 2 years of engineering experience or 3 years in technical support and field/depot service of cataract/ vitreo-retinal products considered
Project Engineering or support and/or working knowledge of lean six sigma desirable
This position may be available in the following location(s): US - St. Louis (Tree Court)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
Bausch Health is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Technical Support Specialists are earning in Maryland.