Software Engineer: Entry
Secret Clearance Required
Looking for motivated individuals to support a long-term, cutting-edge research and development program for one of the countrys highest priority cyber initiatives. On this program you will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders in cyber, networking, computer science, and data analytics to develop the next generation of automated cyber defense platforms. Individuals in this role are responsible for implementing, deploying, and maintaining Redhat Linux operating systems in a highly virtualized environment across a variety of hardware solutions and operational platforms. These capabilities are used to deploy large-scale cyber countermeasure capabilities to detect and prevent sophisticated threats and vulnerabilities on enterprise networks.
- Work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic team, including many experts in their fields. Specific duties include:
- Develop, integrate, and test software to ensure proper operation of software systems
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Develop automated test and automated deployment software
- Some candidates may also support full lifecycle DevOps including key principles like Infrastructure as Code
- Some candidates may also support Linux/Unix system administration activities and installation/configuration of commercial products
- Some candidates may also support database engineering and database administration tasks
Clearance Requirements:An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearanceWork Location:Dulles, VARequired Experience:
- Experience developing, integrating, and testing software to ensure proper operation of software systems
- Proficiency in Java and C++ on a Linux platform.
- Proficiency performing Unit Testing using Junit
- Proficiency using Software Design Patterns
- Proficiency using source control resources such as GIT
- Experience using cloud technologies such as AWS
- Proficiency with multi-threaded applications
- Ability to design software modules using an object-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash, Perl and Python.
- Proficiency using agile software methodologies such as Scrum
- Proficiency in DevOps technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker Kubernetes, Ansible, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, and Maven
- Proficiency in system administration of Linux/Unix systems
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Proficiency developing micro-services
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency using variations of the Spring Framework
- Experience with API development and documentation
- Experience with cybersecurity resources
- Experience developing in a DevSecOps environment
- Certification in Security+
- At least one type AWS certification
- Java certification
Required Education:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred. Other STEM degrees and experience with a heavy object oriented software emphasis would be considered.
Our Company Overview:
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is a small business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We possess highly skilled engineers, providing innovative solutions backed by strong past performances. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.
Extremely competitive salary95% employer paid for employee medical, dental, & vison coverages100% employer paid for employee life, STD & LTD disability coverages401k with company match and profit sharingFlexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent & health care10 standard holidays & 3 weeks of annual leave
Powered by JazzHR
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Software Engineer Entries are earning in Virginia.