Binary Blue is seeking an experienced FiberNet Wireless Network Engineer to support our client's Wireless Network.
Candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Experience and Skills
- Configuration, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, and analysis of Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), and Wireless infrastructure services to deliver voice, video and data applications to Montgomery County Government and County Agency offices
- Demonstrable experience in
- Actively monitoring and reacting to real-time network conditions and leading improvement efforts in support of monitoring, performance, and reporting. 10+ years
- Cisco based routing and switching platforms in an Enterprise environment. Contractor should also be well versed in the theory of operation, deployment, and monitoring of network protocols such as VoIP, SNMP, NetFlow, HSRP, Spanning Tree, QoS/CoS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, NAT/PAT, NTP, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP. - 10+ years
- Various 802.11 wireless network standards, wireless security mechanisms, wireless design principles, RF technology, and wireless network control systems, with a primary focus on Aruba and Cisco. - 7+ years
- Hands on experience implementing, upgrading/administering, and troubleshooting wireless controllers with an emphasis on Aruba 3600's, 6000's, 7210's, and 7240's. - 7+ years
- Design and solutions deployment of resilient, high-speed, Enterprise network segments. Both, wired and wireless. - 7+ years
- Wireless network planning and survey tools, such as AirMagnet, Ekahau, Tamograph Site Survey, etc. - 7+ years
- Hands on experience using and administering Aruba's AirWave NMS application.
- Wireshark packet analyzer to diagnose network performance problems. 7+ years
- WAN carrier technologies (MPLS, DMVPN, IPsec, T-1, OC-3, SONET, High Speed Internet) and standards - 10+ years
- LAN technologies (GigabitEthernet, PoE, link aggregation, CDP, ARP, VLAN's & trunking) - 10+ years
- Working knowledge of ATM protocols including AAL1 and AAL2 technologies - 3 + years
- Preferred Knowledge of GDC product line including DV2 generation equipment - 3 + years
- Knowledge of basic power distribution and protection systems - 10+ years
- Experience in creating network staff training materials, network diagrams (Microsoft Visio), and general documentation 5+ years
- Hands on experience with Network Management Systems - 5+ years
- Must be well organized, responsible, and accountable
- Must be detail-oriented, quick to learn, self-motivated
- Have ability to follow directions and execute written procedures
- Must be available for some work off-hours and weekends
- Must communicate effectively with associates and others over telephone, SMS text, and via Email
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
During this COVID-19 pandemic and recovery period, offsite remote (virtual) work is permitted 40 hours, 5 days a week. Candidate may be expected to work on-site in Rockville, MD office location as conditions improve.
Binary Blue reserves the right to conduct a background check on the desired candidate(s) and to terminate the contract at any time in accordance with client terms.