Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This position is supporting the Virtual Services Gateway platform which runs Usage Based Billing product as well as Insights which provides Quality of Experience scores for Comcast customers. These are both very important to Comcast success going forward and the candidate will be expected to follow all Operational Excellence guidelines outlined within the Operational Engineering and Platform Services team. This includes daily reviews of KPI for the platforms and improvements of same, deployments of new code and infrastructure as needed to resolve issues and enable new features, working with Engineering team on same and any other operational related incidents that happen daily within the VSG ecosystem. The VSG ecosystem includes almost 3000 physical servers running VNF software as well as back office virtual hosts running in AWS across multiple datacenters and availability zones. Responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors, engineering and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Works daily to validate monitoring and metrics to determine overall system health. Troubleshoot and resolve issues as necessary.
- Works with other team members to identify any gaps in monitoring and metrics and work to provide solutions to address those gaps.
- Will be expected to participate in deployment activities for the platform we are rolling out across the network. This includes validation of installed device configurations and ensuring they are properly added to all of our support systems.
- Will be expected to work with engineering team to identify issues as the platform grows over the next several years. This includes any issues that relate to scale and load on the systems. Will work with team to resolve those issues going forward.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to identify work items that would benefit from automation and work with other team members to automate those functions to streamline work done across the teams.
- Drives issues and incidents through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product billing and data consolidation platform.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient in Linux, AWS, Ansible, Prometheus, NRPE/OP5, Splunk
- Secondary technologies: Flin k, Kafka, network routing/switching
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. Thats why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary (https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits) on our careers site for more details.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much DevOps Engineer 3s are earning in Virginia.