Cubic Mission and Performance Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Performs complex software engineering tasks. Acts as a senior technical consultant or project leader and as a liaison with other departments, divisions and organizations. Provides technical direction to research, design, develop and test engineering activities. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Reviews project progress and evaluates results. Estimates costs, schedules and manpower, and provides technical direction for proposal efforts. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority. Must be U.S Citizen.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the continuous improvement initiatives of the organization through focused automation activities aimed at the continued build out of our CI/CD pipelines to VMware and cloud environments.
Must work with GitLab, JIRA, Slack, and other collaboration tools as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
Provides technical direction to software development/engineering programs, team members and managers.
Outlines and communicates the most appropriate technical approach for business development activities.
Determines the technical direction and strategy for solving complex, significant or major issues.
Identifies, investigates and resolves technical issues.
Plans and evaluates architectural design and identifies technical risks and associated ways to mitigate those risks.
Communicates technical advancements, through briefings and technical papers, to co-workers, management staff, customers, and technical community, as appropriate.
Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches.
Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment.
Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Tests software and documents results.
Prepares development software, codes software and designs specific enhancements.
Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives.
Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings.
Maintains state-of-the-art awareness in areas of technical expertise - changes, advancements and improvements.
Applies expertise to all areas of software engineering and development.
Responsible for innovation and creativity in a broad area of software engineering and development.
Provides functional or resource planning guidance to programming, engineering and management staff or groups.
Interfaces with team members, management staff, customers, subcontractors and vendors.
Identifies software engineering process improvements, and enforces the execution of them across the organization.
Participates in total quality management/continuous process improvement teams.
Assumes additional technical responsibilities as necessary.
Familiar with writing and maintaining Ansible playbooks
Experience with container and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes, is ideal
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in computer science, electronic engineering or other related technical discipline, plus a minimum of two years of related experience or a master's degree
- Experience to include software development/engineering, developing state-of-the-art computer software, exercising creativity in technical direction and successful strategy development.
- Deep understanding of HTTP protocol and headers, RESTful design patterns and JSON format
- May require ability to develop software in a Linux environment using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC environments.
- May require experience with embedded processing.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems.
- Knowledge of customer needs and competing products is desirable.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and difficult software engineering problems.
- Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines.
- Must be available for domestic and possible international travel, including working odd-hours in line with customer requirements.
- US Citizenship.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much DevOps Engineers are earning in Virginia.