The candidate will provide forensic analyst expertise support to a United States Government (USG) customer and will be an active contributing member of a security vulnerability and computer forensic analysis team. The candidate must exercise excellent social acumen and operational judgment and be able to respond quickly to high priority tasking. The candidate must understand the importance of using tradecraft to minimize exposure. The candidate should have a comfort level with speaking as s/he may be required to brief assessments at various forums across the Intelligence Community. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will:
- Conduct computer forensics and security vulnerability analysis using commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and/or customer provided tools,
- Evaluate cloud services, web applications, and commercial-off-the-shelf software and hardware
- Perform network traffic analysis of web services to analyze raw packet data for anomalies,
- Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Provide management with discrepancy reports and end user documentation.
- Communicate daily with program managers, management, customer representatives, and end users to ensure delivery of quality products.
- TS/SCI clearance with appropriate poly.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Science, Computer/Digital Forensics.
- Demonstrated 11 years' experience in three or more of the following: analysis, network engineering, networking security, penetration testing, red taming, hardware engineering, software reverse engineering, computer exploitation.
- Proven proficiency with at least three (3) or more of the following: mobile security, telecom protocols, operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux), reverse engineering, forensics, network analysis, vulnerability assessment or malware forensics.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, EnCase, Sleuthkit and/or other forensic tools
- Demonstrated experience in drafting reports, documenting case details, and able to summarize findings and recommendations based on system analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in performing post-incident computer forensics while maintaining proper chain of custody and without destruction of critical data.
- Experience within Intelligence Community (IC)community
- Experience employing advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis
- Law Enforcement/Cyber Forensics experience
- Desired experience ensuring quality assurance and the spreading of best practices
- Relevant Certifications: CCFP, GCIA, OSCP, CEH, CISSP, or Security+
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
(req - 106. 106173)
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Computer Forensics Analyst Experts are earning in Virginia.