Senior - Business Tax Services - Real Estate
a month ago
3 people have applied
Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues? Do you have experience serving real estate owners and operators? Are you an aspiring leader with experience in Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and Real Estate Investment Trust qualification rules? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies while using the latest tax technologies in the real estate industry to serve clients? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Real Estate Services Tax practice as a Tax Senior Consultant.
What you'll do
As a tax senior consultant within our Real Estate Services practice, you will use your experience in accounting and taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to Real Estate Investment Trusts, Real Estate Private Equity Funds, Real estate Joint Ventures and Operating Partnerships. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, work with state of the art technology, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients with life events for partnerships (e.g., formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside basis computations, section 704(c) and section 743(b) computations, and Schedule K-1 processing.
- Using proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance processes and achieve worldwide compliance.
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements in the real estate industry.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues, including REIT Qualification, impact of Tax Reform on passthroughs and other Real Estate clients, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates using state of the art technology and data analytics.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Mentor and develop junior staff, including those in our U.S. India office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate federal tax returns and related work papers.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Real Estate industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, investment partnerships, private equity, Real Estate Investment Trusts, real estate private equity funds, and other real estate owners and operators. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 3+ years' experience in federal taxation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- Preparation and review experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Experience or desire to learn how to review REIT tax returns and REIT testing.
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Possess or strong desire to develop real estate tax technical and transaction skills, including those related to partnership taxation, REIT taxation and qualification, partnership allocations, tax compliance, due diligence, acquisition/disposition planning and structuring, and experience with federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research.
- Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience.
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Report this Job
Want a list of Gig jobs just for you on your phone?
Enter your phone number below and we will send you a SMS with a list of roles suited just for you.