Distributed Solutions, Inc. (DSI) is a fast-growing company, seeking a Business Analyst responsible for working closely with DSIs Customer Engagement project teams to provide the customer with business analysis expertise and project support, in a tactical capacity, evaluating internal and external client requirements and implementing effective solutions in a timely manner.
The selected candidate will gather, analyze, and document business requirements (i.e., user stories using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task, and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints) and functional requirements (decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements). The analyst will apply these functional & business requirements in collaboration with peers on the project deliver product enhancements, validate business processes, test configurations, and resolve end-user questions.
- Must have an Active TS/SCI with polygraph ONLY, all others need not apply.
- Ability to define and document customer business processes and functions including business process diagrams, data maps, test plans and test scripts.
- Ability to perform process re-engineering.
- Consult with project team members and customer stakeholders to identify, define, and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, and challenges related to the business functions such as those supporting the Federal Acquisition Lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the DSI project manager, technical analysts, and customer end-users in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of DSI's AEON platform to ensure desired operational performance.
- Track and document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed universally understood procedures for testing uses cases, knowledge capture and training purposes.
- Perform quality assurance review and validation of deliverables for both, internal and external delivery.
- Achieve proficiency in all major DSI products, including the AEON software suite: through internal staffing training, self-guided tutorials, and daily exposure to individual product feature sets.
- Provide support for a variety of meetings, demonstrations, and program activities.
- Test projects in accordance with business and functional design following best practices for quality assurance.
- Record and track defects uncovered during test execution and assist in defect resolution (troubleshooting and researching).
- Provide input during requirements development as well as test case development and review.
- Comprehension of change management processes.
- Provide on-site shoulder-to-shoulder user support in the effective utilization of the implemented solution.
- Answer functional user questions as it relates to understanding the business process implementation and utilizing the solution to do user work.
- Record/document and report any issues reported by end users with the implemented business process or implemented software following the appropriate reporting processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years prior business analyst experience.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment for a matrixed organization.
- Strong knowledge of productivity tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Power BI or strong Pivot Table experience.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) practices, principles, and techniques as they apply to Agile development process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to listen and relate with the customer.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player that is willing to help other team members at all times.
- Bachelors degree or relevance experience.
- Experience with Tableau or Cognos.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Lifecycle or commercial contracting.
- Knowledge of Federal financial systems or commercial accounting.
- Ability to develop training materials and conduct end-user training sessions.
- Experience with Federal government contracting and/or program office organizations business processes.
DSI is a leading provider of knowledge driven software solutions and subject matter consulting services addressing the needs of acquisition professionals. We offer a fun, casual, collaborative working environment for individuals interested in conquering technology barriers, learning by doing, and taking pride in developing superior software manufactured in the USA.
Distributed Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keyword: Federal Acquisition Lifecycle
From: Distributed Solutions Inc.
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Business Analyst Active TS SCI with Polygraph ONLies are earning in Virginia.