DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the worlds first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The companys unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washin on, DC area by The Washin on Post and received Inc. Magazines Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Senior BA/QA Engineer to support a Federal Government customer in the DC metro area. This position will provide support for an enterprise web-based system
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all aspects of business analysis, testing, including functional, regression, integration, load, and system testing.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of the enterprise Grants management system.
- Review and edit business requirements, specifications, processes, and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Take initiative to suggest new standards, implement new strategies, and undertake special projects.
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and modified products or product components.
- Prepare project documentation including meeting minutes, business process documents, quick reference sheets and other process workflow diagrams as required.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Identify and report bugs found through testing and document them. Experience using issue tracking tools like Jira.
- Ensure that all test items follow established change management processes, well-tested and tracked using the provided test management software.
- Solve challenging business and technical analytical problems, detail oriented.
- Develop efficient and effective quantitative methods and guidelines to continuously improve quality processes and practices across multiple projects.
- Participate in program Agile software development initiatives (standup, planning, Increment planning) to support innovation and enhancement of custom applications through iteration/functionality testing
Education and Years of Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in software quality assurance
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Excellent communication, analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Ability to execute all levels of testing including but not limited to Software Application, Integration and Component Level Regression
- Work closely with development teams to ensure a quick turnaround on fixes.
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of testing including manual, performance and automated testing with have experience with JIRA and TFS, that would be a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development process: Scrum, Kanban.
- Exposure to performance engineering tools such as Load Runner and JMeter desirable.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated where assignments are often self-initiated.
- Experience using MS Office tools: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Min. Citizenship Status Required:No Restrictions; Must have lived in the United States for at least 3 years
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
Community Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
Development Annual performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
Financial Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
Recognition Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
Wellness Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Senior BA QA Engineers are earning in Virginia.