We are currently seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Java Developer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
- Develop and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
- Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
- Present solutions at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-10 years of technical experience
- Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Oracle, SQL, JDBC
- Hibernate, JPA
- JSON, XML
- Unix/ Linux
- HTML, CSS
- Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
- Experience designing and delivering complex, highly scalable software components
- Must have recent hands-on developing experience.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience designing, developing, or maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud provider)
- Webservices, SOAP, REST
- Java Web Containers (Tomcat, Jetty)
- React, TypeScript, Angular/AngularJS
- Developing 100% automated unit tests
- Agile development approach
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (Git, Gradle, Maven)
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
- Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Clearance - Must have a current CBP BI or be eligible to obtain one.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Java JEE Developer Senior s are earning in Virginia.