Position:User Experience Researcher
As part of the interview/evaluation process, you must produce a portfolio of your best and most recent work showcasing UI designs, wireframe and mind-mapping ideation, and detailed design specifications.
Exostar - The Company:
- Were a solid company founded in 2000 and still quickly growing
- We have won multiple industry awards serving fast-growth industries with emergent technology
Exostar - The Employer:
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with monthly social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Years Day
Were looking for an engaged, inquiring, and empathetic UX Researcher to bring user feedback to life. Using concise, structured and engaging data you will help the UX team better understand what would make a users experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless. You will deploy a variety of user testing methodologies across both solution and problem validation projects to reveal actionable customer insights. You will be in your element working with UX data qualitative and quantative sources to establish user goals and requirements. You will be expert in gathering, compiling, and presenting the data to all types of stakeholders to inform and improve our products.
- Plan, design and conduct the usability testing process from user definition and recruitment through to test moderation, analysis and reporting
- Manage all research activities for new product and concept developments
- Model the insight youve gathered from user research and customer feedback into accessible and usable formats such as personas and user journey maps
- Work closely with the Head of Design and managers across the business to devise appropriate research strategies that will generate focused insights
- Work with your fellow design team members and development teams to transform user data into actionable requirements that inform and influence product direction
- Mentor design team members in rigorous UX research methodologies that follow defined research processes with actionable and well-documented outcomes.
- Collaborate with design team members to ensure user-centered design is always top-of-mind in a bustling iterative development environment
- Deliver oral and written presentations rich in customer insights and design/business recommendations to senior decision makers
- Promote user centered design principles and best practice across the organisation
Youre exactly who were looking for if:
- You are expert in conducting user interviews and testing sessions
- You are confident analysing quantitative and qualitative data to produce engaging UX artefacts
- You have experience managing, planning and designing the widest variety of UX research techniques
- You are committed to building good working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and beyond to meet a collective business vision
- You are an excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills, confident collaborating with individuals at all levels
- You are good at influencing, driving impact and implementing change
- You are results focused
You meet our must haves for this role if:
- You have a Bachelors degree
- You have 6 9 years of work experience with 5 years in a UX research role
- You have a deep understanding of the ins and outs of UX design principles, usability testing, UI best practices and visual design concepts
- You are proficient with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- You work well independently with limited or no supervision/guidance
- You are a US personthis is a requirement due to ITAR regulations
Exostars cloud-based, innovative solutions promote secure business collaboration within and between organizations in highly-regulated industries, including aerospace and defense and life sciences. Exostars identity and access management platform serves as the foundation for its credentialing, risk management, enterprise collaboration, and supply chain collaboration solutions.
The Exostar collect once, connect once, certify once methodology and web-based single sign-on access allow organizations and individuals to engage with one another quickly, seamlessly, and productively. The solutions security and certifications mitigate risk, protect sensitive data and intellectual property, and meet industry and regulatory compliance directives.
Over 150,000 aerospace, defense, and life sciences organizations in more than 150 countries worldwide belong to the Exostar community.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Herndon, VA, Exostars notable customers include Amgen, AstraZeneca, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Computer Sciences Corporation, Fujitsu, Huntin on Ingalls Industries, Lockheed Martin, Merck, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, Raytheon, Rolls-Royce, United Technologies Corporation (UTC), and the UK Ministry of Defence.
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much User Experience Researchers are earning in Virginia.