What You Will Do
Join a growing team as anElectrical Engineerin our State College, PA Office.
Your day to day responsibilities will include electrical design for various public sector facilities projects including federal and military faciitly, water/wastewater treatment facilities, transit stations, industrial,commercial, manufacturing, Federal, state and local government and institutional projects regionally.
Lead the preparation of electrical design criteria documents, electrical design directive drawings, electrical system calculations, electrical system technical analyses, electrical system contract design drawings, detailed specifications and performance based specifications for electrical power distribution and related systems.
- Performing site survey of existing system conditions for interface of new designs with existing electrical and control systems.
- Design of electrical systems including: low/medium voltage power distribution, standby/emergency generation, interior/exterior lighting for buildings, local area IT networks, access control, security and fire alarm systems
- Construction assistance including; electrical shop drawing review, contractor relations, and site surveys
- Lead and participate in meetings clients, state agencies, city agencies, utility service representatives and project teams.
- Deliver projects on time and within client budgets
- Deliver projects in compliance with client and company quality control procedures and engineering guidelines
- Participate on project teams in an active production role
- Preparation of project specifications
- Preparation of electrical construction cost estimates
- Daily interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings
- Perform quality work that promotes client retention
- Responsible for the development of reports and design documents, including electrical floor plans, equipment schematic diagrams, equipment block diagrams, electrical load calculations, short circuit studies, protective device coordination studies, and arc flash studies.
- Minimum Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology or Architectural Engineering with Electrical focus
- Five (5) plus years of progressive experience in the engineering and design of electrical systems
- EIT or Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) are preferred or the ability to obtain the PE license within the three years of employment
- Firm understanding of the National Electrical Code, other NFPA codes/standards and energy codes
- Experienced with facility surveys, reports, feasibility studies, design, specifications, cost estimating, and construction activity support.
- Project management and leadership skills, capable of driving the successful completion of projects is a plus.
- Experience using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (AutoCAD, MicroStation) is a plus
- Building Information Modeling (BIM Autodesk Revit) experience is a plus
- Electrical power design experience is required
- Experience in Power Studies, such as Short Circuit Study, Coordination Study, and Arc Flash Analysis is preferred
- Proficiency using SKM Power Tools Software or ETAP is preferred
- Security and communication design experience
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than100 years, weve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
AtGannett Fleming, we believe inimprovingthe lives of the people we serve. We believe ininnovationand social responsibility. We believe in thediversityof our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracingchangeand emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. Its more than a slogan. Its our standard. Its the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. Its our earnest pledge to do what we say. Its the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location:Working Hours: 8 AM 5 PMEmployment Status: Full-timeInternal Requisition ID: 2021-8179