Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Aug 17 2021
GSK is currently looking for an Engineer Quality Specialist to join our team in Rockville, MD. In this role, you'll be executing projects for the site to ensure compliance to the GSK Global Engineering Standards, reviewing and approving all change controls for Engineering/EHS compliance. You'll also be managing programs and maturity model progression for GSK duty holder programs (Machinery Safety, Process Safety, Electrical Safety, etc.) and managing the execution of compliance activities for the current large capital project, 2x10k (WBS #7329US-IM-16004-120), as well as other future capital projects.
- Support the engineering statutory and compliance activities for site which includes establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report monthly progress against targets (e.g. change controls, CAPAs, deviations, Engineering alerts, Engineering gap assessments)
- Attend Quality governance meetings as the Engineering representative, provide updates on critical activities/actions, and follow-up with Engineering staff on any overdue activities/actions.
- Support the change management process for the site, verify engineering requirements are met for changes being made, and act as the Engineering subject matter expert for the change management process
- Assist engineering departments with executing audits, closing quality records, and completing training activities.
- Interface and benchmark with central engineering, site Quality, and other site's compliance managers for all Quality-related Engineering programs/processes
- Support investigations and root cause analysis into engineering related issues or failures, working with appropriate stakeholders (e.g. Process Engineering, Facilities/Utilities Engineering, EHS)
- Assist the engineering departments with document management and ensure all documents are controlled as required by GSK Quality Standards.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS in Engineering or Science
- 3+ years of quality assurance or engineering experience in a manufacturing facility.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Broad knowledge of the engineering and Quality professional environment and associated disciplines /skills.
- Strong planning and program management skills
- Effective organization, communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Certifications relating to Quality programs/processes is preferred.
- Compliance or Quality related job experience is preferred
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at (US Toll Free) or (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Engineer Quality Specialists are earning in Maryland.