Software engineering team developing modeling and simulation applications for the Department of Defense. These applications employ a wide variety of technologies and disciplines including: computer science, discrete event simulation, operations research, relational database, combinatorial optimization, graph theory, graphical user interface and data visualization. The software engineering process includes formal software configuration management, coding standards and peer reviews.
- Develop software using open source tools on Linux operating systems
- Support software development on Sun Solaris and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Consult and coordinate with team members on system design and functionality
- Analyze problem reports from users and resolve software defects
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearance
- Experience in the analysis, development and implementation of software
- Solid computer programming skills in C++
- Experience developing simulation software to solve complex military problems
- Experience with the following software (or software that provides the same functionality): gcc, MySQL, GTK+, XML, bison, Microsoft Office API, OpenMap, CVS, gdb
- STORM experience desired
- Knowledge of military operations desired
Bachelor's degree (degree in Computer Science or degree in Mathematics, Physics or any technical degree with a passion for developing software)
2-10+ years of progressive programming experience
Must be a U.S. Citizen, eligible for a Department of Defense security clearance. Please verify U.S. citizenship in your resume or cover letter. Submissions without a statement verifying U.S. Citizenship will not be considered.
Group W is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much C Software Programmer all levels s are earning in Virginia.