HII - Technical Solutions Divisionis currently seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer to work out of their clients Merrifield, VA office in support of the United States Postal Service (USPS).
What you will do
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must be able to work independently and as part of team to achieve project goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
What you must have
- Bachelor's degree plus 9 years of professional service
- The ability to read, understand, and modify existing Java/J2EE web applications using Groovy/Spring
- Experience and proficiency with PL/SQL
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information Must be able to obtain and maintaina USPS Sensitive Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and have been livingin the U.S. for at least the last five years
- Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last fiveyears
Bonus points for
- Experience with Teradata SQL
- Experience with React JS
- Experience developing data exchanges and automated tools
A division of Huntin on Ingalls Industries
This opportunity resides with Defense & Federal Solutions, a business group within Huntin on Ingalls Industries' Technical Solutions division, helps solve tough national security challenges for the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. Our expert capabilities include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), and cyber; secure enterprise IT engineering and operations; military training and simulation; logistics management and integrated product support; and fleet maintenance, modernization, repair and sustainment.
Huntin on Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntin oningalls.com.
Huntin on Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Nearest Major Market: Washin on DC
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Senior Java Software Engineer Engineer Software 4 s are earning in Virginia.