***This position will be remotely based***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hiltons Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
This Lead Software Engineer role is an outstanding opportunity to use programming talents to validate cyber security task automation, fast response, control measurement/reporting, and improve investments in existing technology solutions through API integration. You will play a meaningful role in developing and maintaining custom programs, tool integrations, improving methods for carrying out measuring controls, and finding new ways to improve Hiltons security incident response capability. Bring your software engineering skills to the Hilton team!
- Develop software that permits measurement of configurations, performance, anomaly detection, and standards conformance.
- Improve development of tool integrations through product APIs. Collaborate with Hilton Cloud architecture groups, and DevOps teams, to further develop information security automation systems.
- Work to integrate, and further develop, Agile software development practices and adoption of CI/CD DevOps tools/processes (e.g., Bamboo, GitLab).
- Build, manage, and maintain documentation in the form of architectural diagrams including system-level services and network flow documentation.
- Establish, improve, and apply secure coding practices including ongoing maintenance of secure code repositories, code error checking, and processes including static and dynamic code analysis.
- Partner with other Global Information Security Team Members to review and ensure development and automation systems are secure. Build and check resilient tasks that involve multiple moving parts.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing market share in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with business intuition.
- Solid grasp of Systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of application development scripting and automation techniques
- Familiar with researching and using external tool/vendor API libraries
- Demonstrable understanding of two or more following technologies: Gitlab, Atlassian Stack, GraphQL, Docker, Splunk SPL, XML, SQL
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact, and earn trust
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of overall work experience in Technology or related field
- Four (4) years of software development experience in a medium to a large corporate environment
- Three (3) years of experience developing C# applications
- Two (2) years developing backend applications with languages such as TypeScript, node.js, PowerShell, Python
- Solid grasp of working with Microsoft SQL Server
- One (1) year using DevOps tools and CI/CD toolchains such as Atlassian, GitLab, Docker, or Splunk
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree with six (6) years of related IT experience or a High School Diploma/GED with twelve (12) years of related IT experience
- Two (2) years of experience developing APIs using REST, XML, or GraphQL
- Three (3) years of experience with additional database management and technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite RDBMS, and NoSQL environments
- Two (2) years of experience with network security or system security development
- CISSP, CSSLP, OSCP, or other relevant security or software engineering technical certification
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the worlds leading global hospitality company, pning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every single day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $81,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.
Title: C# Security Software Engineer (Remote)
Requisition ID: COR0114F