We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title:Senior International Human Resources Manager
Department/Location:Home Office/Vienna, VA
Reports To:Director of Human Resources
Classification:This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI has an opening for a Senior International Human Resources Manager who will lead performance management, company-wide training programs and employee relations. The ideal candidate should be able to step in to fulfill any of the HR functions. This position is located in our Home Office in Vienna.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert for local labor laws in assigned region.
- Partner with field offices to interpret labor laws and US government regulations to ensure compliance with HR policies and practices.
- Manage human resource program and policies for assigned region including staffing, compensation, benefits and training.
- Work with local HR staff to ensure consistency in HR practices throughout assigned region and HO.
- Manage the performance management process, ensuring that all employees and managers understand and adhere to performance planning, monitoring and review policies.
- Manage salary administration in accordance with the performance management cycle, including all applicable paperwork.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to build a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Research countries local benefits, labor laws, etc. for proposals and project start-ups in assigned region.
- Oversees all compliance, policies and procedures for local staff.
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains domestic benefits programs, policies, and procedures. Ensures programs meet employee needs, comply with legal requirements, and are cost effective.
- Manages all compensation and performance management for GH TAMs, LAC, USA Expats, locals and the Vienna Office, as needed.
- Assist Director with designing and implementing company policies that promote a healthy work environment
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Promote open door environment with all employees and serve as an active listener to employee concerns and issues.
- Collaborate with management to proactively resolve employee relations issues and make recommendations for resolution.
- Manage employee engagement activities.
- Conduct HR fact findings and investigations.
- Create methodology for fact finding, based on the issues, locations and allegations at hand.
- Implement investigations using best practices methods.
- Create written reports and analyze findings.
- Make recommendations to senior management for solutions to issues that become apparent.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Handles employee relations for US Expat and Local employees
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 8+ years of human resource management experience.
- 5 years supporting International organizations and/or government contractors (USAID or DOS preferred).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with a global workforce.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to perform audits in the field on HR, recruiting and payroll records.
- Must be able to facilitate meetings and/or focus groups.
- May supervise one or more people.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience with benefits administration, compensation and performance management
Education:Bachelors degree in human resource management, business administration or other related field required. HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) is required.
Working Environment:Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements:This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility:This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel:International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization:Must be authorized to work in the USA.
About the Organization:
IBTCIhas been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building.We provide these servicesacross many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues areencouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
Please note this is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected](Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Sr International Human Resources Managers are earning in Virginia.