Role: Business Analyst
Location: Local to Reston VA
- Analyze a broadly-defined area, define high-level epics and stories to provide the required business value
- Migration of old legacy requirements to new Agile user stories that are concise, easy to understand and implement by the development teams
- Develop and analyze functional specifications to define detailed acceptance criteria
- Understand the inner workings of the applications, architecture, core systems, and other technical platforms
- Document business processes by creating workflow diagrams and flow charts
- Plan and oversee SDLC process, release artifacts, release notes and user guides for the product
- Develop patterns and concepts within the application which may be re-used for future features
- Collaborate with stakeholders, developers and UX/UI designers to perfect the user experience using user-centric wireframes/mocks
- Work on delivering code for business functions using DevOps and modern CI/CD pipelines
- Performing user acceptance testing of Sprint deliverables
- Keep abreast of latest technology trends and developments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or Information systems or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years overall IT experience with significant experience in IT as an Analyst
- Experience being a part of an agile application team
- Working knowledge of SDLC processes
- Experience in elicitation and analysis of requirements and application design
- Experience working within an agile development process, specifically with Scrum and backlog management tools
- Analytical mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player with a good work ethic
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, high energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or Information systems or related discipline
- Solid Experience as a BA or PM in a corporate context, with specific web application experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in business analysis and converting business needs into well-defined concepts for development teams
- Experience in writing user stories, creating wireframes, mockups, and designs to convey ideas
- In depth knowledge of SDLC processes with an understanding of business process redesign concepts and process improvement techniques
- Technically savvy and have some working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, client / server and web services
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders and users
- Must be a team player and be able to build positive working relationships with team members and project managers that encourage open communication and a supportive team
- Experience with some UI mockup tools like Balsamiq, Invision, etc., a plus
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, DevOps, CI/CD, Visual Studio a plus
- Healthcare industry experience and knowledge of DICOM standard a plus
FLSA & EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FLSA EXEMPT AND FULL-TIME POSITION
iWorks Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Business Analysts are earning in Virginia.