Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Applications Tester
McLean, VA 22102
Posted 15 days ago
J5 Consulting have not specified a salary for this role. DirectlyApply estimates this role should be paying an average of $122,072 per year based on similar jobs posted in the last 30 days.
J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
This position is available immediately.
The Customer has multiple application teams supporting a portfolio which is the central repository for all Customers created applications. The Customer provides state of the art systems on cloud and applications based on products such as AWS, Oracle, SharePoint, and other web-based solutions. The Customer requires support specializing in verifying developed software meets the specified requirements and produces the desired result combined with ensuring any defects are identified and documented. The Customer needs polished skills in building test cases based on use case development mythologies as well as knowledge and experience with automated testing. The portfolio contains, but is not a complete list of, the following:
- A custom production application that has a central repository for the search and discovery of internal document sensitive data and associated artifacts
- A custom production application which provides workflow and research with the ability to review, disposition, build a profile and update or nominate candidates to other Partner organizations
- A targeting and knowledge management tool which stores products in a centralized repository making it easy for search and discovery
This position will:
Work closely with the various application teams; however, the Customer project manager will manage the priorities. Primary responsibilities are to:
- Develop, perform and support manual and automated integration and regression testing
- Develop, perform and support post deployment validation of components
- Develop and maintain test plans and scripts to identify software problems and causes
- Provide analysis and recommendations for automation of test suites
- Develop automated scripts to decrease the time needed to perform testing
- Develop automated scripts to decrease the likelihood of bugs or unplanned outages
- Work with applications in a cloud environment
- Work side by side with project teams on a daily basis to consult with the development and operations teams to test applications
- Work in a team environment with contractors from multiple companies
- Participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development cycle
- Participate as a member of the agile development team
- Write test cases and scenarios
- Develop and execute test plans, procedures and scenarios for regression, performance, process, functional, system integration and Agile (deliverable) acceptance testing to ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and perform satisfactorily in the system environments.
- Document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures
- Demonstrated experience with the development of test cases as part of an agile team
- Demonstrated experience using a test automation framework
- Demonstrated experience using test automation tools
- Demonstrated experience with use of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for development and execution of test scripts.
- Demonstrated experience with managing testing for multiple applications during the concurrent development cycles
- Demonstrated experience with Regression, Integration, API, or Functional testing
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing test plans and cases
Skills and demonstrated experiences that are highly desired but not required to perform the work include:
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience briefing technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated experience in strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in strong leadership ability and experience juggling competing priorities
- This position requires US Citizenship Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be at a customer location within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA) or Contractor location in the WMA as required.
- Local travel/POV will be on an as needed basis, within the local place of performance
This position is available immediately.
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.