Jr. MBSE Software Engineer
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5913
Minimum Clearance Required Top Secret
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a Junior Software Developer to support Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts. The successful candidate will assume a key role on teams developing distributed, high performance applications using industry-standard web-derived user interfaces and COTS application plug-ins and tools in an MBSE environment. In addition, the candidate will have a demonstrated track record with tool integration, performance optimization and continuous improvement of the user experience of highly visual, data driven user experiences. The candidate will contribute and lead regular deliverables in a fast-paced, customer responsive environment adding features and capabilities to the ecosystem.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field
- 4 years' relevant experience
- Knowledge of either Java or Python
- Experience developing Open Services
- Experience with Maven build processes, Agile development approach
- Experience using open source APIs to integrate software and tools in a heterogeneous computing environment
- Experience in software data structures, database design and optimization
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field
- Knowledge of Java APIs
- Open Services Gateway initiative and related bundles
- Background in data science, data engineering or numerical analytic techniques
- Experience with graph databases such as Neo4j
- Experience with cloud-based search engines such as Elasticsearch
- Experience with GPU or HPC computing
Security clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI security Clearance
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Jr MBSE Software Engineers are earning in Virginia.