LMI is seeking a systems engineer with experience in supporting the management of complex IT programs and projects within the Intelligence Community (IC) in the Reston/Herndon corridor.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
The Systems Engineer candidate shall provide engineering expertise and guidance in the development of products that will deploy on the Sponsor network. The candidate shall focus on the systems engineering/cyber security engineering related tasks. The candidate shall communicate with the clients leadership, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. The candidate shall investigate new technologies, conduct product evaluations, identify, test, prototype, and recommend products. The candidate shall provide system security architecture, design, and implementation advice. The candidate shall make recommendations for the architecture and placement of products on the Sponsor network.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific, technical discipline, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated capability in problem resolution, organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems; including the ability to plan projects, meet objectives, develop contingencies, and manage within budget.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical projects in accordance with the Project Management Framework or other project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network, host, data or application security in multiple operating system environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists.
- Demonstrated experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques.
- Demonstrated experience developing documentation to securimeet rquirements and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with Amazon marketplace and cloud technology program.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
Other Desired Skills
- Demonstrated experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Cross Domain Solutions that transfer data between networks operating at different classification levels.
- Demonstrated experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture and other cloud computing environments.
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's policies, directives, and standards.