Bring your expertise to Mercy Medical Center located just six-blocks from Baltimore's Inner Harbor by joining our Core Lab Team as a Medical Technologist. Founded in 1874, Mercy Medical Center is one of two health systems in the state of Maryland named a "Best Employer" by Forbes Magazine. By joining Mercy Medical Center, you become part of not only an organization but a family, dedicated to providing the highest standards of care and serving all individuals with courtesy, respect and compassion.
As a Medical Technologist (MT/ MLT/ MLS) of the Core Lab you are responsible for the independent performance of technical procedures including:
- emergency and routine patient testing
- quality control
- preventive maintenance
The Medical Technologist participates in Quality management processes as needed. May act as supervisor designate in the absence of the Section Manager or Technical Supervisor.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED. B.S. and M.T. (ASCP) or equivalent or eligible.
- 1 year of supervised technical experience in a licensed clinical laboratory preferred
- One of the following: a B.S. and successful completion of an accredited Medical Technology Program a B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or other laboratory based Science and ASCP accreditation or equivalent a B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or other laboratory based Science and 5 years experience in a licensed Clinical Laboratory.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize one or more of the following: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel Microsoft Outlook Meditech (if applicable to position) Epic (if applicable to position) Performance
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner. Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.
- Must be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to function effectively as a team with other employees. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions. Core Lab (Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis).
- Full time night staff is required to cover Blood Bank); Microbiology: or Blood Bank skills appropriate to section assignment.
Like the Sisters of Mercy before us, we witness God’s healing love for all people by providing excellent clinical and residential services within a community of compassionate care.